Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
i save your ass when you wreck
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im a n00b to making boxes but i need to make one for my 10" sub.. what is the material called that you make the boxes out of??:slap:

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i knew someone who had a plywhood box..but hes a redneck..where can i get the material? i need to either make a box or go find a single 10" box somewhere

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how much does a sheet usually go for? would it be easiest to go find some cheapo 10" sub and box and take out that sub and put mine in? i kinda dont have time to make one but there also isnt anyplace that sells boxes around here

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok thats not to bad.. ima see if i can find a sub box today already made..

·
Registered
91 hatch
1,249 Posts
how much does a sheet usually go for? would it be easiest to go find some cheapo 10" sub and box and take out that sub and put mine in? i kinda dont have time to make one but there also isnt anyplace that sells boxes around here
pm me some dimensions ill make you one for a small fee. check my profile this is what i do. i can get the material for free from school.

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i need one like sooon. lol so yea.. i think im only gonna need a cubic foot box..

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Go to Home Depot and get 3/4" MDF Matt.... A sheet is cheap....

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
i need one like sooon. lol so yea.. i think im only gonna need a cubic foot box..
with a 10" sub you may want to go 1.5-1.75 cubic feet... The inside mass of the sub sitting in the box will take away about .25 of the box already

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea i kno don..i was just saying i need a cubic ft of air in the box. lol

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
Yep, good ole MDF

Ever see someone make a plywood sub box? BOOM, lol.
Don't use cheap plywood.

1" Birch plywood will result in a "deader" box but at 5x the cost of MDF.

Also with MDF, predrill your screw holes and countersink.

·
Registered
122 Posts
if you are not looking for a customized box, just get a premade one. I think Circuit City, Best Buy has them for around $75 if you're in a hurry. Otherwise, I got a nice one off eBay for $30 shipped. I used to make them myself also but now they sell for so cheap I rather just buy them.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts