Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so let me start by saying i know i need to get my car properly tuned, but money is tight right now. My setup is a y7 block with a ported and polished z6 head, arp studs, y8 head gasket, rebuilt 16g on 8lbs, blox fmu, ngk bk7re plugs, stock wires, stock injectors and a p28 ecu. My problem is that once i get to around 5lbs my car starts to hesitate and the cel comes on. It makes my idle go up and down but once the cel is on the hesitation reduces. The cel goes away after i turn my car off, but im wondering what is causing this hesitation. Any help is appreciated!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
put some one way valves from a fish tank store into the map senors vacuum source . if yours is mounted to the tb just get a spare sensor from the junk yard and run a vac line to that with the said check valves. costs all of like 50 cents and works the same way. you could also jump the sev connector with a paper clip while the cell is lit and check the code.

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
keep out of boost? i know money is tight, but this is one of the most important things on the entire build atleast run crome or something, im willing to guess you dont have an AFR gauge so its a moot point anyways.

Missing link is your friend.

·
Registered
962 Posts
or you can use a 2.9v 0.5w zener diode and connect between signal and ground of the map sensor. cleaner than missing link and work the same.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
how about stop ragging the shit out of your car before you blow it up and either drive it normal or dont drive it until it is tuned PROPERLY

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how about stop ragging the shit out of your car before you blow it up and either drive it normal or dont drive it until it is tuned PROPERLY
Didn't people use fmu's to tune their cars back in the day? Just because the technology is old doesn't render it useless.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
back in the day everyones motor blew all the time too... maybe that sentence will put things into prospective of what i said previously.

there is another thing that you have to adjust when you boost, its called timing... a fmu cant help you there.

·
()*#$(*$
11,404 Posts
Didn't people use fmu's to tune their cars back in the day? Just because the technology is old doesn't render it useless.
The frequency of engine failure with FMUs is ridiculously high because you have no way of controlling the ignition timing. What you are doing is worse than holding an un-pinned hand grenade. Keep it out of boost, lock the wastegate all the way open and stop being a moron.

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
Go and get some decent engine management.
You will appreciate not only the reliability that it offers, but also some great fuel economy.
I dd my turbo civic for 3 years and got 45 mpg on the highway and over 300 whp on tap.
It idled like a factory stock honda and was very drivable on the street.

Another thing you might want to check is your sparkplug gap. Your boost might be blowing out your spark.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts