Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just replaced my valve stem seals and car ran fine then i filled up with 93 because i was told i was running too lean and i figured it couldnt hurt to clean things up now ive got no power and my car sounds like a harley any ideas why, im thinking bad gas but i tried a fuel stabilizer and still stumbles

J

·
0 Posts
try also cleaning the combustion chamber mopar and other oem manufacturers make combustion chamber cleaner you pour it thought the spark plug holes, and then your run the car for a while and it burns out the carbon deposits (sometimes the carbon can acutally absorb some of the fuel, and cause a lean conidition in an otherwise working engine) also check your fuel delivery system, ie injectors are within spec, and fuel pump okay etc....

-juan

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks really appreciate it, im a try that cleaner you talk of, sounds like what i need but the problem i found was that my first plug wire was burnt halfway up the boot causing the spark to only work halfway, replaced the wire its all good but im still burning a little bit of oil, i think it could be still be whats built up in my cylinders so im a try that cleaner, oh yeah the timing is straight we did that when we messed with the valves do i need to reset the ecu still if no light comes on, well i always have the vss light because my speedo dont work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts