Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've searched and found similar things but nothing like this.
i've got a eg dx with a mini me. chipped p28 runnin i/h/e as far as what maps the ecu is sunning i don't know b/c it was chipped when i bought it. i know the car has been boosted before. i'll get to the point now....car stutters real bad up till about 3500 in 1st 2nd and sometimes 3rd gear. i'm getting good spark my wires are fine and new cap and rotor. do you think the cars tune is all fucked up or whats goin on here? any help would be great.
thanks,
ADAM

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no help at all? actuualy i've got 1 view. whoooo

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
still searching....no help no views. second time trying to give this site a try. something would be nice.
atleast this isn't a stupid noob question. come on guys

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah it runs fine after 3500. i'm trien to find a stock p28 but no luck yet. that was my thought as well about bein rich cuz it runs perfect after that just down low it's killin me. my timing is dead nuts i'm sure i've got a light blah blah blah done these things hundreds of times over just never ran into this

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm thinkin it's still tuned for a turbo, but it wouldn't even run if it were cuz it's got stock injectors. everything on the car is stock except i/h/e and bein mini me

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
You can cut J1 to revert it back to stock and that should take care of the problem
do this.. instead of trying to find a stock p28, it free
odds are the tune is you problem... if its for a boosted setup then its WAY off

also when you have a question and you make a thread.. give it more than 10-15 minutes before bumping.... it takes some time

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
k it's just i see all these stupid noob questions and they all get answered but mine is smething that could be learned...i just get yancy thats all

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright i know it's been a few days but i've been busy. i used a stock p28 and problem solved i belive. before i put the stock ecu in i have changed injectors...moderate help....accel super coil...more moderate help and switched to 92 octane...moderate help...but i put them in one at a time so i could figure out the culprit. but def. the ecu was my prob.

·
www.rifftrax.com
1996 Civic Ex Sedan
1,517 Posts
i was about to tell you that i had the same problem and richening up the low rpm columns fixed it. good to see you figured out it was the tune.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
also i have another quick question. the car was turbo previosly like said. i recently went to take the fuel pump out and i'm about 95% sure the fuel pump has never been removed. would boosting on stock fuel pump weaken it's abilities to pump propperly? from all my years with them they either work or don't but i was just curios

·
www.rifftrax.com
1996 Civic Ex Sedan
1,517 Posts
depends on boost level and injector size. i'd say anything over 7psi then get a walbro to be safe.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i cut j1 and still stutterin down low but not as bad. i think i'll just hold off till i get back from basic then i'm buildin a beast. shootin for low 10's high 9's
p.s. i'll have 18 grand to play with so money is no object.....i'll keep you all posted

1 - 14 of 14 Posts