Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so bad news dropped a valve in #4 cylinder last sunday morning ruined the head and ppist on (pics later) so it time to rebuild her orderd my acl race bearing 75.5 vitara pistons rings and gaskets off of fj last night now this gives me the perfect excuse to build a head i have a comp 59300 cam and i was wondering if anyone else ever used kms valve springs and if there any good cause while i have it apart i might as well build it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha yea never herd of them either but the kms ones are even cheaper then that i think and it says there good to 10k

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no the valve just snapped clean off nice clean break and all didnt jump timing or nothing like that just popped off ftl, ohhh well time to make more hp i guess.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
soo ive finally started 2 work on the rex again and ive decided to go non vtec and im going to sell my comp cam and get a bisi stage 2 cam but i was wondering what u guys were runnin 4 springs and retainers i no i see some isky but i was just trying 2 get some ideas and if i can use a stock timing belt or if i need a kevlar one and if so were can i get one cause i cant seem 2 find one for the a6

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
soo no ones runnin valvtrain in there a6s haha i think i have my valve train picked out im just not sure if i should use a kevlar belt or oem stock any opions

1 - 9 of 9 Posts