Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
Civic turbo Hx/Ex
18,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was riding my dirt bike yesterday and I took a good spill over a stupid rock.:slap: After I picked myself and my bike off the ground I felt (besides a lot of pain) something wet on my hand . I look down and my glove was sopping wet, with blood. I took my glove off and saw a lot more blood. After running water from my camelback on it to clean off the bloody hand I noticed my finger was bleeding like water out of a faucet.

My finger was split damn good, so good you could see the bone! I was like damn I am going to need some assistance with this one. I called my friend over (Marty) and told him to go and get some band aids and some duct tape. We were about a 15 min ride into the woods. He road back to his house and about 30 min later came back with the goodies. In the mean time I kept looking at the wound and started to get a little wheezy (lol) :sadface:

I taped my finger up and back we went... BTW if I haven't mentioned it at this point I want to make it perfectly clear that I was in a lot of pain. We get back to his house and immediately jump in the car to go to the doctor. After a small argument with the lady behind the counter in I went.

The first thing the doctor wanted to do (besides cut off the duct tape) is to clean. The doctor put my finger into a cup of iodine (sp)!:shocked: Good god I could have done with out that! The doctor was like did that hurt? I yelled so loud Marty (my friend) waiting in the waiting room heard me! :cussing: He then gave me a few shots to numb my finger up. When he looked at my finger he said "damn, thats gross"... (you know its bad when a doctor says its grose) :confused:

After about a half hour of my finger/bone soaking in iodine, the doctor came back in... He had to scrape the dirt off the wound/bone and then stitched it all up. All said and done I was thankfull I didn't brake anything! The whole time I kept looking at the wound, it was like one of those things that you just couldn't help. :TU: Kinda like driving past a horrible car crash!

All said and done I am doing a lot better then yesterday evening. I can't use my finger but I have 9 more so I am good to go! I felt like sharing this with ya'll because I thought it would be a cool story to tell. Sorry, no pictures, my finger is all covered up but I may just take pictures later on of it.

Yes this really happend.

Comments???? Questions?

Picture...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Always fun trying to get by with 9 fingers. Obviously it could be a lot worse, don't think I don't know that...but it's just such a damn nuisance, regardless. Heal up quicklike, yo.

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
mitch.................pictures................common.

Dude, that sounded mildly griff..............imagine if you didn't have gloves on.........bye bye finger prehaps..................

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
damn...sorry about the pain...hope it heals quickly...

·
Premium Member
Civic turbo Hx/Ex
18,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am putting a picture up of it from my cell phone... sorry about the bad quality.

stitches hopefully come out next week. (cross your fingers hehehehe)

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
^^he still has his other hand he can cross his fingers on...

·
Formally known as SPONSOREDCRX
3,566 Posts
FooSchnickens said:
x2, that shit sucks. protective gloves FTW!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts