Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just swapped out my y7 for a y8 and the whole time getting stressed out about the tps sensor. everywere i went said you have to change it from 3 wire to 2 or somthing to that fact. but when i got around to the plugs, they were the same. and ideas as to why or did i just have bad info.

the y8 came out of a 98 acura 1.6EL auto
went into my 1996 cx hatch 5 spd

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
Your fine its not the TPS. if your using a y8 auto all the sensor will be the same. you will still use the throttle body mounted 3 wire IACV plug that is mounted on the y7 throttle body. you will have to change the y7tb rotor to a y8 though.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the rotor, i dont understand. oh and i have an iratic idle, it keeps bouncing up and down around 1500, when i un plug the map sensor it stops and the idel levels out at about 700 but then you cant do anything, when i changed the map it made no diff. what is wrong with this thing?:(

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tryed that and the idle went down but would stall as soon as you hit the gas. and i checked the wires colors to the wiring diagrams.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the only thing i can think is that it may be leaking between the manafold and the head

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i thought i did, the strange this is why does it level out when i un plug the map sensor, i tryed a new one but no change untill you un plug it

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
if you still have a code for IACV then its not wired right? you said you sourced a 2prong pigtail and wired it to the IACV right. Are you sure the wires are not backwards on it?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
what happens when you unplug the iacv? thats how i figure out if you have a vacuum leak that causes the surge. the idle should go down to like 400 or stall with the iacv unpluged if it idles high you have a vacuum leak. take off the intake tubes then plug the 2 holes in the throttle body on at a time to figure out it you have a stuck fitv or IACV, then break out the brake kleener and start sprayin gasket surfaces lookin for a stumble. ive also seen IACV codes thrown for a bad pcv valve.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
if you still have a code for IACV then its not wired right? you said you sourced a 2prong pigtail and wired it to the IACV right. Are you sure the wires are not backwards on it?
every plug in was the same, all i had to do was wire the knock sensor, vetec sol and switch

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
im going to try a few things right now and see what i can come up with. let you know what i come up with, thanks alot for the help

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
y8 head and man, i changed the throl body to the one off of the y7 engine and it runs awesome. strange because when i did the last engine swap in this car from one y7 to another i had to do the same thing, it is like this car cant live without the orignal throtol body on it.

thanks alot for all of the help, it realie helped me narow it down :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts