Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Magnum RT
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know this is stupid and I'm sure I'll get some shit for it, but can 92-95 intercooler piping fit in an 88-91? Obviously the battery would have to be relocated, but other than that...is it a bolt-up affair? I know it's stupid, but just please humor me...

Thanks!

·
Registered
Magnum RT
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I'm trying to stay away from lots of fab work...however, I have a feeling that's what's gonna happen. I'm just being "lazy"...and I know mindless is gonna chime in shortly and call me something derogatory...I'm used to it. LOL

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Greg told me it wouldn't work. Then again the easiest thing to do to be 100% sure would be pull the fucking car off the road and use my gaw piping for my EG to mock up and see what it looks like.

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
The kit could work, but you will need to cut a hole in the frame rail on the driver side for the hot piping to run, or do a back door style and cut a hole in the core support.

·
Registered
67 Posts
As far as I can remember the piping will fit, but with some major cutting of the car itself...
don't go on the cheap do it right the first time

·
Registered
Magnum RT
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got a buddy that welds, so I was thinking of having him weld it up for me once I have it all figured out. And I would get the GAW piping kit...however I don't have that kind of scratch...

·
Registered
95 Civic CX
81 Posts
the intercooler piping kinda resembles that on a 2nd gen integra after battery relocation. has a little bend around the strut tower and as i recall from my 2nd gen teg i cut into the body itself to get the hotside going out into the fender.

·
Registered
Magnum RT
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If I could weld (read: weld well), I would totally make my own piping. I don't know if my buddy can TIG or not, so that's why I'm trying to find the most cost effective, yet simplest way of doing it.

·
11,892 Posts
If I could weld (read: weld well), I would totally make my own piping. I don't know if my buddy can TIG or not, so that's why I'm trying to find the most cost effective, yet simplest way of doing it.
Yes he can tig. I had him tig two pieces to my GAW piping on my lsvtec setup.

·
11,892 Posts
We already talked about this. Buy ebay piping, mock up, mod as needed, mark, have spencer weld it out.

Pointless thread.

·
Registered
Magnum RT
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah yeah yeah....

And I didn't know Spencer TIG'd your GAW piping. If that's the case, I may just do the EG piping, mock it up, cut, mark, and have him weld it up. Good call. Ok mods, please close thread...

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
Ok mods, please close thread...
Why? We will just let it die out and let some noob bring it back up 3 years from now and open up some old scabs you might have

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.