Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i was wondering...... i want to monitor as many things as humanly possible when it comes to my engine. and one thing that gets neglected is the intake air temperature. i wanted a very in expensive way to monitor how hot the air is going into my car so i was at a local auto store and came across the little digital thermometers that u mount in your car and the sensor probe wire is attached to it. i was thinking that if i mounted this in the charge pipe i could see the air temp.even a barbacue thermometer. they are like 10 bucks. is this completly stupid or does it make sense?

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
It would probably work if you figured out some kind of way of securing it in the charge pipe to keep it from blowing out under boost.If they made a screw in version of what your talking about that would be sweet.

You may want to look into this also since you want to moniter everything
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2249847&postid=33122175 for 179

Im thinking about buying that.With that and my zeitronix I can watch pretty much everything without a laptop since my zt-2 does egt, boost, and afr by itself.The tunerview does everything else.Timing duty cycle,iat, ect.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats pretty cool. and i will definatly be getting that in the future. cant afford it now unfortunatly. i will update as to how i will attach it inside the pipe. thats gonna be the tricky part. if it wasnt boosted i could just drill a hole and silicone it in but with boost it will blow out.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I think the problem there would be that it wouldnt react fast enough to get the accuracy of the factory temp sensor. because i have wanted to do this as well, without hooking my laptop up every time.

·
Registered
838 Posts
we used a palm pilot to tune my brothers 3000gt vr4, it was very simple to hook up and it tells you everything that you need boost pressure, vaccum, ect, iat, o2, battery charge etc. basically like a car scanner. just some ideas for the self innovator.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have been looking at the psp one but i am having ahard time understanding it. it isnt very accurate. i unfortunatly dont understand alot of the lingo they use so i just dont get it. i will try to figure it out though.

·
Registered
116 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol by the look of it i am guessing it is justa temperature probe like the thing i am looking at. the issue of installation is still at hand.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts