Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have about 5 of these KKK K03 turbos in my garage. to my defense these were free. i used to work for a VW/Audi dealer. these were warranty replaced turbos from S4's. when one would go bad we had to replace both. not that all of them are good. some may need to be rebuilt. anyway.....

i searched and saw that this was covered lightly... but nothing about Twin K03's!!

i figure running only one would not be worth it. might get you near 200HP for the cost of an ebay kit that could do 250-300hp. but duals might get a bit closer to 250. not looking for a drag car here. just a nice DD with some pep. maybe good for extreme fuel mileage build? ideas??

or tell me to sell them off on C-List, Man Up and get a real turbo kit!

[puts on Pyrolon suit]

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Use 2 but put a wastegate on the outlet of one. That way you'll still get good spool.
Otherwise it'll be slow spoiling on top of not making good power. Lol

·
Registered
764 Posts
I am using a K04 on my build from a Mazdaspeed3. It uses a compressor very much like that of T28 from Nissan S14 SR20DET. There is also another compressor option which mirrors that of GT2560R. Some downfalls from the K03 and K04 is that they use small narrow shaft but if you are not going to be pushing them hard they work great.

Benefits is they are cheap and plentiful. They use sort of 360 thrust bearing and that the rebuild kits for a quality kit are dirt cheap. If it were me I would upgrade them to 04 though and depending on your goals maybe even just run a single. The MS3 USDM version is good to make 300whp (I have seen 330whp on MS3) but I feel that 250whp is a safer level. They do run out breath on a stock motor and fall hard around 5500K but they also have a .7 liter larger motor. The Euro version which has a significantly larger compressor is good to around 350whp but would also be safer at 300whp. I honestly think it would be a very good match for a daily driver with quick spool and response as well as holding strong till redline.

Here is a photo of different K03, 04 compressors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts