Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dd is having problems. I was moving it from my driveway to garage after doing and intake IM gasket. when moving the car it the plug wire for cylinder no.1 came off and it ran like this for about 15 seconds. now my car will not start.
(its D15b7 with minor mods, z6 IM, header, a6 cam)
--The fuel pump primes, it cranks but no spark.
--I checked grounds and they are fine.
--Now its either the dizzy or the main relay but since i have fuel its likely the dizzy.
I have a 91 civic with a b2. does any one know if i could pin up that dizzy to make sure that the dizzy is the problem? if so the pin out.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
sounds like you killed the coil....swap the coils can see if that work...

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
^^ Like he said, probably killed the coil. I did this last summer, lose wire came off sparkplug while driving hoodless. Killed the coil right then.

EDIT: the OBD0 Dizzy and coil do not swap with OBD1

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so the coil in my obd0 wont work in my obd1? would a obd2 (coil or dizzy)possibly work? i can get one of those easy?

·
Registered
1990 civic 4 door LX
2,121 Posts
Ya. A obd2 coil will work. A d16y8 distributor will also bolt on and can work if you change the dizzy worimg harness or plugs

·
Registered
1990 civic 4 door LX
2,121 Posts
Ya. A obd2 coil will work. A d16y8 distributor will also bolt on and can work if you change the dizzy worimg harness or plugs

·
Registered
1990 civic 4 door LX
2,121 Posts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts