Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, the light that haunts me is back...during my long ass drive to LA this weekend, i experienced some stupid shit with the car...seeing that i was driving hella far and was hella tired and shit, i didnt really get a chance to diagnose yet...anyways, heres whats happening...

car would drive fine until i come to a stop or have to slow down, when i put the clutch in, the car dies...itll start right back up but its just gay having to restart on the freeway going 70...i upped the idle to about 1500 and that probs fixed...

after doing that, now my cel comes on...it comes on randomly, and when its on, the car gets really boggy and my idle likes to go 300-1700 up and down up and down...and taking off is a bitch too cus even though im giving it gas, its still boggin until i reach about 4000 rpm which sucks to take off from...

im pretty sure its idel probs, but why? i havent had any probs like this in the past couple months, then all of a sudden its happening every 10 mins...thoughts/ideas anyone?

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ill get a manual y8 t/b and see if that clears things up...i have a gsr on right now, that shouldnt be the prob though, unless the edelbrock piggyback is having probs with it...

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
if the gsr is a manual then it shouldn't matter. I have switched to a b-series tb and had no problems once I got the idle right.

now I have problems with the car running rich. I have a low 600 rpm idle. I sometimes have that problem where I'm stopped with just my foot on the brake and the engine just dies.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im having same probs...my car just kept dying...so i upped the idle to 1500 and now its bouncing between around 300-1700...could it be another sensor problem, or a problem with my piggyback or managemtn issue?

oh yeah, every time the light comes on is only when i have probs, after i disconnect the battery and restart, the lights off and car runs fine...until i stop again...

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just got off the phone with my tuner and my friends tuner...btoh agreed that t/b shouldnt matter or cause the cel...not sure what it cuold be til we fully diagnose the engine...any other ideas guys and gals?

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i spoke with edelbrock...they said the turbolink (piggyback included with kit) wasnt designed or include maps for more customized engines ie: different compression, different airflow characteristics etc. therefore, all of my stuff is throwin it off and it in turn is tellin ecu somethings wrong...this sucks, i guess its time for stand alone...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts