Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
D-Series O.G.
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new engine in the car and it runs o.k. It seems to be missing on idle but not at anything above 1500 rpm. Its not a constant miss either just comes and goes. From 1500 up ....no miss. When I stab the throttle, the engine stumbles for a split second and takes off like a Champ.
I'm puzzled ... any ideas????

·
D-Series O.G.
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the greddy Black box, 310cc inj, FMU, and 255lph walboro.....this was never a problem with my z6, but it seems to be a problem with the ZC VTEC.

L

·
0 Posts
I know exactly what you are talking about. I am not sure what i did to stop it but i say try.

1. Different plugs
2. Plug Wires.

and if u luck try another set of injectors or try to get your injectors cleaned. I had that prob but sine i went to 345's i have not had that prob as yet so i guess your injectors could be dirty. Not sure but check it out and tell me.

·
D-Series O.G.
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The wires a MSD wires and the plugs are Autozone bought
Denso's gapped at .038"

S

·
0 Posts
rexinre said:
I got MSD and champion (its what edelbrock suguested) I want to get NGK, but don't know what number is the 2 colder then stock ones!
Don't waste your money on the NGKs, I ran Champion 344 series plugs from AutoZone for a LONG time without any problems and switched to NGKs to see if what the difference is - there is none. Felt exactly the same and burned the same.

·
D-Series O.G.
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have looked and i'm noticing Fuel pressure drops from 100psi flutuating down to 40psi and back up associated with the stumble. After more than 4 constnat seconds of boost there is a check engine light coming on.

·
D-Series O.G.
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the MSD Cao and Blaster SS coil also.

S

·
0 Posts
rexinre said:
I also don't have an ignition system yet, that might be part of the problem! Not a hot engough spark at low rpm with too much fuel. Yes No?
I wouldn't think of an aftermarket system, the factory ignition is very efficient and works great, even with boosted setups. I bought a MSD 6AL and never installed it. I did get some wires, but they made no difference - just replaced the dry, cracked originals.

Also, if you're having problems with boost, ensure that your plugs are gapped down to .032-.034 so that the boost won't blow the spark out. :wink:

·
D-Series O.G.
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
my car sounding like an AK 47 during boost has never seemed normal

·
D-Series O.G.
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You should see the people duck though while walking down the street....lol

·
D-Series O.G.
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Found problem ....broken purge solenoid....Thanks for your help.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts