Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Civic
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this might sound noobish but does anyone know how to use a tap and die set, i acually never had to use one before although ive seen it done a few times. the problem is one of the three studs that my fuel rail sits on is broke off in my skunk2 mani and i was looking for suggestions on how to remove it

·
D-series WTF?!?!
Dyno GT Racing Bike
3,674 Posts
U can remove the manifold if ur afraid to use that tapper and use some pressure pliers and lefty losey on those suckas thats if u still got a piece to bite off!!! (cuts less time from tapping it)

·
Registered
Civic
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i acually already purchased a tap and die set. is it possible to remove the stud without removing the whole intake mani

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
if you can get a drill to it, drill i small hole in the stud, get a set of easy outs. thats how i would remove it.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
yeah do what lsturbohatch10 said, use a broken bolt extractor or the like. i have broken many, many bolts and studs off and have used these things many times.

basically you drill a hole in the broken bolt, stud or screw. then use the extractor to remove the broken bolt, stud or screw.

the extractor works because it is threaded so that as your try and loosen the bolt the extractor actually grips it tighter.

·
Registered
97 GSX-R 750
1,548 Posts
Easy outs for sure. I over torqued my buddies ex-mani stud and snapped that bitch off in the block. Easy outs saved the day.

·
Registered
93 Posts
take a dremel and a cut off attachment and slice a small slit in the middle of the stud, then take a flat head and unscrew it, thats how i always take mine out if i get broken ones, of do what everyone else said, just a suggestion from me good luck

·
Registered
97 GSX-R 750
1,548 Posts
take a dremel and a cut off attachment and slice a small slit in the middle of the stud, then take a flat head and unscrew it, thats how i always take mine out if i get broken ones, of do what everyone else said, just a suggestion from me good luck
Yeah, that's the way to do it if the stud is sticking out more than 1/8 of an inch or so, I was under the impression it broke off down in there. If it's down in there easy outs are the way to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts