Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
VTEC withdrawals
i "ride" yo momma
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been trying and trying to get this bolt out of my drivers side lower control arm (93 del sol s) cause ive gotta do an engine swap soon and i know i need to remove the axels to do that which AS FAR AS I KNOW requires the lca being removed. ive tryed prying with a screwdriver...pulling with pliers.....even a monster magnet. please somebody help me out cause this is starting to kill me. just in case the attach a file thing didnt work...if your looking at the car from below..its the far left bolt that goes through the lca and into the body

Attachments

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,944 Posts
Flash heat the fucker outta there...........that's the only thing I can think of.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
sok it heat it then let cool heat again let cool take out.....

but why are you taking the bolt from the subframe out?and not just seperating the ball joint?

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
to take axles out
remove wheel
remove lower ball joint cotter pin
roemove " castle nut 17mm iirc
take off lower bolt for strut 17mm again iirc
pop lower ball joint(there is a diy)
take off 23mm axle nut
pop axle
take out
repeat for other side

·
Registered
huh?
1,315 Posts
^yeah, no need to remove lca to pull a axle...
Dude, buy a repair manny, best 15 bucks you'll spend on your car.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
do a search...popping the ball joint is the easiest damn thing you'll do removing the axle...

·
VTEC withdrawals
i "ride" yo momma
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ill try that. thanks guys. i have a haynes manual but its kinda vague.

do a search...popping the ball joint is the easiest damn thing you'll do removing the axle...

·
VTEC withdrawals
i "ride" yo momma
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
o does anyone know a good link to an engine removal thread for a d15b7 or anything like it. im pretty sure i can do this on my own with the help of the d lol

·
Registered
889 Posts
Whenever I pull a motor, I NEVER remove the axles completly. I will pop the lower BJ and pop the axle out of the tranny and pul it out enough to get the axle underneath the tranny so when I yank the motor/tranny up, the axles doesn't come with it. Been doing this on 10+ motor pulls with NO problems. Do not need to even unbolt the strut from the lower control arm.

·
VTEC withdrawals
i "ride" yo momma
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ive been looking...cant find a good thread about popping the ball joint loose...anyone got a link?

·
VTEC withdrawals
i "ride" yo momma
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow i watched the vid in that thread...looks crazy easy. thanks a ton guys.

·
VTEC withdrawals
i "ride" yo momma
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
does anyone know a good link to an engine removal thread for a d15b7 or anything like it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts