Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one of my strut is goin out and a buddy of mine recomended a (i think its) KYB or KYG somethin. but he described it as having a 1.5 in. shorter rod. i was jsut wonderin if anyone else has hear about these..

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
KYB is a little shorter than stock never heard of 1.5 shorter though... Good shock for the Honda car.
Don

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yea there nice and soft, and ya get a good ride . Go to advane or some where and the should have a little display. Its funny as hell..

Fuck it get a tein set up thats the way to go if you can afford it.

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
no, the shocks are made for lowering springs/coilovers... they are shorter so there isnt a gap between the top of the spring and the top of the shock when you jack the car up.

·
Registered
1993 Civic Ex Coupe
793 Posts
no, the shocks are made for lowering springs/coilovers... they are shorter so there isnt a gap between the top of the spring and the top of the shock when you jack the car up.
Close, the shorter stroke is to prevent damage to the dampner. If you run stock length dampners with lowering springs you run the risk of damaging the shock if you bottom the suspension out.

·
Registered
97 GSX-R 750
1,548 Posts
Close, the shorter stroke is to prevent damage to the dampner. If you run stock length dampners with lowering springs you run the risk of damaging the shock if you bottom the suspension out.
+1 I have KYB 4 way adjustables and highly recommend them to everybody.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so then are those the kyb agx's???

·
Registered
see above
4,259 Posts
yes. the gr-2's are stock replacements

1 - 9 of 9 Posts