Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi to everyone.

has anyone heard about any v6 shaft used in b-series or any d-series swap in eg trim?

I was like an hour ago at a friends house and he told me that he is using a v6 shaft for his axles that can handle way more power than any b-series axles.

I did look at the shaft and it is seriously waaaay thicker than a normal b serie axle.
he said to me that he is keeping that information secret and didn't tell me of what car it came off.
only thing I know is that it came from a v6 or at least 6cyl engine.

he has a 2.1 b-series capable of 750+ hp.

So my q is...........does anyone know about this myth??

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,107 Posts
so, you didn't think "hmm let me google what the spline count of his wheel hubs/trans could be and compare to Honda/acura's v6 cars to see if they match" or my favorite, "spline count for his trans and hubs and WHAT OTHER AXLES MAY FIT"

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
^ beat me to it....

If you do a J swap they will work. I know they make em to "fit" the car. I would ask myself about the splines, then match the trans, if it is possible at all.

Yep couldn't help it, looked it up, spline count is off by 3 teeth at minimum.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's why I started this thread.
more brains, the fastest we get to the point.
it is possible that someone on this forum knows it.

maybe it came from another brand of car.......dunno.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
to be specific, the b2.1 swap is done in a Suzuki swift gti (95) with modification to the front disc to accept the b outer cv. car is already rolling the street.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
There are already a ton of B series axles that are strong enough for 500/800/1000HP, hell I know a few people making over 500 on stock axles

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
I would assume its a B series outer CV on a V6 shaft, IIRC the V6 splined shaft is a bigger diameter than the B/D.

Would still be a weak link in the outer CV itself. Those always go on my co workers cars.

to be specific, the b2.1 swap is done in a Suzuki swift gti (95) with modification to the front disc to accept the b outer cv. car is already rolling the street.

Care to post up some pics? We were trying to convince a customer to swap a B series into his Turbo Sprint instead of a turbo build (reliability those G10s are janky as you well know)...

·
Registered
Ek sedan
382 Posts
you can get axles from insane shaft, the are rated 1000 hp
I've heard good things about them too and they are pretty reasonably priced.

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,029 Posts
hi to everyone.

has anyone heard about any v6 shaft used in b-series or any d-series swap in eg trim?

I was like an hour ago at a friends house and he told me that he is using a v6 shaft for his axles that can handle way more power than any b-series axles.

I did look at the shaft and it is seriously waaaay thicker than a normal b serie axle.
he said to me that he is keeping that information secret and didn't tell me of what car it came off.
only thing I know is that it came from a v6 or at least 6cyl engine.

he has a 2.1 b-series capable of 750+ hp.

So my q is...........does anyone know about this myth??

is your friend a douche bag for a reason? little bitch with his secrets

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Pretty sure driveshaftshop top axles are porche axles with hubs.... might be another company I am thinking of though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts