Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a stroker kit for the d16z6? jus wanderin if you guys know if there is one available

·
Registered
951 Posts
I dont know of any aftermarket 1.6 stroker cranks but i was told you could get a cutome offsite grind on the journals of any crank to stroke it like 30 over. Also the 2001 1.7L crank should fit if you use the 1.7 oilpump,pistons, and rods.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DontSaveHer said:
I dont know of any aftermarket 1.6 stroker cranks but i was told you could get a cutome offsite grind on the journals of any crank to stroke it like 30 over. Also the 2001 1.7L crank should fit if you use the 1.7 oilpump,pistons, and rods.

ok this may be a dumb question !! but would it help out performance wise? i know it helps out alot on the evo8 but i was jus wanderin!!!

·
Registered
951 Posts
It would give you more displacement just like boreing the sleeves from 75 to 77-78mm. I thought strokeing makes it not rev as good though.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so if i bored out the d16z7 then turboed it would it run fine as a daily driver? sorry for all the questions but thats why i came to d-series.org is to do some research!!!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
ok, welcmoe to the $3500 club, what it takes to sleeve/bore out a D motor.

EVO's are heavy and have one too many cams.

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
D motors do not lend themselves very well to stroking. @ 90mm its big enough. Bore, well the sleaves are pretty thin as it is, so they dont lend themselves too well at boring too big.

I'd just keep it at the stock displacment. Nice and relyable

1 - 11 of 11 Posts