Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Red EG
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was removing a cylinder head the other day, and my socket cracked open.. shitty chinese 14mm one.. last time i use one of those.

It wrecked the head on the bolt holding the cyl. head on. Am i fucked?
How can I get it off? Drill / tap? any ideas welcome!

It's on a b18a1, but I HAVE A D16 VTEC which i built too, so no flaming.

·
Registered
Red EG
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha, ~55 ft-lbs been in the block for 10 years, i'm seeing mole grips not working. thanks for the tips guys! i'm gonna try a bolt extractor.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
joe, the sears at hillside mall carries the bolt extractor kit pictured above.

i have it, and i love it, and use it pretty regularly.

i think it will work for you. :)

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
the bolt head is still on the bolt right so if your socket cracked then it probably just rounded the edges off the head before i started using the extracting equipment id go buy a good 6pt 14mm socket and try that. not some chinese peice either. the cheapest i would go is craftsman

·
Registered
Red EG
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I got the extractor and another 14mm from sears, thought i'd try the better quality 14 first. It popped it right out. we're good. and now i have an extractor for future problems. On this note, this engine is going to my cousin, but who wants a build thread for a b18a1?(even though it's not a d.)

·
Registered
554 Posts
just take it to a machine shop
dont listen to this guy obviously

Well, I got the extractor and another 14mm from sears, thought i'd try the better quality 14 first. It popped it right out. we're good. and now i have an extractor for future problems. On this note, this engine is going to my cousin, but who wants a build thread for a b18a1?(even though it's not a d.)
im glad you got it out i like all hondas not just d's id like to see a build thread

1 - 10 of 10 Posts