Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i decided to pull out the front lca for my project car for bushing replacement.

I pulled out easily the left side but when im working on the right side and undoing the last two bolts the two adjacent bolts were very hard to undo i have managed to loosen it up to 1/4 the bolt only, so i decided to retighten it again and it is too hard also i have to use my foot, luckily one bolt tightened but the other one has been stripped :(

This bolt stripped :(

I wonder what remedt can i do with this, its the first time that happened to me. I wonder if one bolt will handle considering this will be my track car. Im also thinking to put a nut on it but i cant have an access inside i guess i have to cut out the body to do this option.. Has anyone experienced this? Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Probably have to cjt a hole in the top and weld a new nut in place once you gotten the bolt out.

I never had that bolt strip out, but i had the inner lca bolt strip out. I had to cut a pocket and pop a nut in then use a wrench to hole the new nut while i tighten it all down.
Work and last

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks mate, thats what in my mind now.. I wonder if i have gotten away with this if i have used an air impact wrench.. Cause when i loosen it with a breaker bar i tend to misalign the bolt when twisting it with full force.. Just thinking how can i avoid this the next time

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
I've never had those strip either, they're beefy bolts... Im not sure where youd even cut into to get to the other side

·
Registered
SCCA F Prod CRX Si
70 Posts
Loosening wont strip a bolt, maybe the head but not the threads. Be careful reinstalling with an impact as that can strip a bolt very fast if it starts crooked. I'd bet some dirt got on the threads when you were putting the bolt back in.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I never had that bolt strip out, but i had the inner lca bolt strip out. I had to cut a pocket and pop a nut in then use a wrench to hole the new nut while i tighten it all down.
Work and last

I've had to do the same thing for some front sway bar bracket bolts.

·
Registered
ej8
104 Posts
I've had to do the same thing for some front sway bar bracket bolts.
I also striped font sway bar bolt and and I upgrade all 4 to m10 x1.25 I believe.

and I also mentioned if you put a lot of oil on the area of where you planing to disassemble, week or more before it will help a lot. When I relapsed my rear drums to disk - on one side i got shock leak and all arms was in oil and all bolts on that side I loosened easy. On another side I brake like 3 bolts!

·
Registered
Civic/4Runner
137 Posts
If a bolt has alot of corrosion on an open end and you try to back it out, there is a good chance you will pull the threads (strip the hole) but usually that only happens with softer materials

1 - 11 of 11 Posts