Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic EG4
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again... I just love this forum for noobs :yes: . Here is my question. I have a crankshaft that I bought for my vitara build. I went to my local machine shop for it's inspection. They told me, that they would have to grind it, to get all the specs back, and I would have to use oversize bearings for both rod and main journals. I heard local people talking, that honda's crankshafts are no-no with oversize bearings. How true is it? Personally I don't understand why, because if I choose OEM bearings individually for every journal, everything should be OK. Also, what does that stripe in the middle of the main journal (see attatched photo) "wants to say"? That there was no lubrication before? I suppose it can be polished out? Am I right? There is such stripe on all of main journals. Thanks.

I wish I could attatch the photo, but the forum says I need to have more posts...

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
a fresher crank might be cheaper than all the machine work to fix the one you have. Where I live you can pick up a whole engine for $100.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,661 Posts
Shipping a crank from USA to him would be insane.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts