Honda D Series Forum banner

Street tire drag times

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  BLK92_D16 
#1 ·
What are your best quarter or eight mile times on street tires or drag radals? So far my best is 12.5@127 with a 2.4 sixty on nangkang nsii. 26 psi of boost on that run but the car dynoed 313@22 psi. 2090 lbs with me in it. I'm not looking to go back to slicks anytime soon.

#3 ·
12.6@117 on some worn out 185 snow tires. 16g on 17psi. Had to be around 300whp.

11.83@116 with slicks on 14 psi. Good 60 wasnt the cleanest pass and the tires were too short.

#4 ·
Numbers are cool. I never got into drag racing. I've always been into turning at slow speeds (autocross) but maybe one day straight line stuff could happen. Neat thread.

#5 ·
Thing I like about the street tire guys....they waste a half second of more just getting to that first 60 feet.

Then the chase to the stripe is on. They have to pedal the throttle to hook it up or worry about exploding an axle shaft.

With tiny 20x8x14 slicks I just launched on kill, 1.8 60', not wheel hop issues, parts lasted longer.

Customer?friend with 350-375 whp on sticky street tires...an no AAA Gold Card...

Third gear wheel hop...only wanted to run the "street" tires because he was too lazy to swap two tire at the track.

OP: with your "slow" ET and high trap speed, your gonna be needing a cage and even a chute/diaper soon.

#6 ·
IMHO, nail the launch and everything after 330' is cake.

330' to 1320' numbers are consistent, just getting it out off the line is the hard part.

But what do I know, only been doing this drag thing off and on for 32+ years.

#8 ·
Pretty good times. I used to be anti street tire for those reasons bone but going back and fourth all of last year between slicks and street tires I found trying to go faster on street tires was more fun. Right after I sold my slicks though I finally broke my first axle in 15 years of drag racing. I think it was a combination of being an old HF axle and not enough clutch slipping. Broke inside the boot.

#9 · (Edited)
Made it back to the track today. Pretty happy to break 130. Tires at 24 psi launching around 6k slipping the clutch through first and second. Also had boost at 13 psi in first and second with ten degrees of timing retard and the rev limiter at 6500. Up top boost was 25 psi with the rev limiter at 7600 for the first run and 7800 for the rest. Felt like the lower rev limit in second made it lag a little at the beginning of third. Felt really really slow coming off the line since I had to balance between putting power down and wheel hop. Had to back off in first on the last past because of it. Anything else I can try without buying anything new ? Car came in at 2220 pounds with tools behind the passenger seat.

#11 · (Edited)
A little update I got back to the track at the end of the year with some M&H 205/60/13 bias ply dot tires. I turned the boost down to 20 psi since it started to cause issues with the over flow at 25 psi. Tires were at 8 psi.

Over the winter I broke the shift fork in fifth gear so i went from an Si tranny to a DX tranny which hopefully keeps the car in the sweet spot up top. Looking to run the 11.50 index at Ifo in may.

https://youtu.be/aysWLnkFW8I

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.