Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
* updated thanks for the warm welcome guys, have some specific questions at the end of the thread*

Hey guys, I've been a long time lurker. just a short history, I was alway into nissans, primarily b13's, se-r's or nx2000's. Ive owned many and built a few. My main one was a nx2000 that went threw many motors, high comp nitrous, high comp turbo, low comp turbo, even bigger turbo and ending with a fully built sr20ve that was sleeved, stroked, ported etc etc 2.4 with 15:1 compression etc etc. i sold that about 4 or so years ago, and bought a 2002 jeep wrangler, wich ive modded to hell and wheel often. My good friend was always into crxs and ef si's. Ive always really enjoyed his cars, now this is going back about 10 years ago. Somewhere in that mix ive all the nissans and other daily drivers i had a mint, 1991 ef sedan, dpfi and auto.

ive always wanted a crx, always enjoyed sohc's for the simplicity, and how fun they were to mod. this is now my second honda, my first crx.

Engine-

K&N Tapered cold air intake

Bored throttle body

Port matched TB, Intake, Head and Header

Mild ported head

Bored .20 over

11.1 JE pistons

Fully balanced

Arp Head studs

Arp Rod bolts

Manley 1mm oversized/undercut swirl polished valves with new valve guides and seals

10,000-rpm valve springs

Web Cam grind #148e/273

AEM adjustable cam gear

Single belt crank pulley (sourced from New Zealand)

RC engineering balanced stock Injectors

Fuel pressure gauge on filter under hood

Adjustable Fuel pressure regulator

8mm Magnecore plug Wires

ECU socketed and chipped for turbo edit reprogramming with launch rev limiter. Running stock map. (I have 2 launch chips. 3,500 and 4,000 rpm)

Generic wrapped header

No Catalytic converter

2.5” exhaust

Poly motor mount on crossmember. New stock mount on firewall. Happy medium for vibration

Trans-

ACT 3 puck sprung clutch

8lb flywheel

Short shifter with poly bushings

Suspension-

Ground Control Coilovers

Tokico blue shocks

Ground Control shock travel extenders

Misc. Poly bushings

Front Strut Bar

New Drag rims and basically new tires 195/50/15

Brakes-

Integra 4 wheel disc brakes

Prelude 15/16 master cylinder

Racing pads & stock rotors

Steel Braided brake lines

Speed bleeders

91 CRX brake lights

Interior-

Auto Meter Oil pressure gauge

Auto Meter Water temp gauge

Auto Meter A/F ratio gauge (not wideband)

Old school Alpine radio

Denon Amp

10’ sub in wedge box

Kenwood EQ mounted in ashtray slot

Grant Steering wheel

Clearly i dont have to explain the appeal to you guys, just the nostalgic feeling you get when driving it, the feedback threw the wheel, the subtle communication the car gives me when im driving makes me feel how i did when i first got into imports over 15 years ago.

stratton.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys.

no real plans for her. maybe some azenis tires or even better, some dunlop direzza star specs, they were amazing on my last car.

maybe a rear strut brace if it doesnt mean cutting up of any rear plastics.

id love to get into some autocrossing and maybe finally hit a road course after all these years of building cars and street racing lol.

stratton.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
That is a beautiful rex, more pics....

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Get the new Z2 Star Specs, way better than the Azenis.

That said, I like the car. I'm saving parts for a resto mod on my 89 black Si as well, I'll keep up with yours for inspiration lol

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looking into getting a harness kit from rywire, doing a s300 ecu.

Id love to get a baseline and see what a good tune can pull out of her.

No one local i can find messes with turboedit anymore :/.

I think she can do 150ish no problem.

Thoughts?

Stratton.

·
Registered
ej8
104 Posts
Beautiful car!!!

How to get (Single belt crank pulley (sourced from New Zealand)) ?

Because I don't have AC and PC maybe it will work for me too

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
You can buy them new for any civic that didn't come with a/c and power steering or get one from the junkyard. There is no need to get one from the other side of the world.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
there you go !

just what i was told from the person i bought it from. thank you for the clarification.

stratton.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
hey guys. im getting around to getting some parts together to get her tuned. i have some specific questions regarding tunning.

the parts list is clearly above so feel free to use that as reference.

1st question.

going to get the rywire obd0 to obd1 kit, harness jumper and it comes with whatever other plugs/wires i need to convert. is this the right one ?

Rywire.com - OBD0 to OBD1 ECU Conversion Harness
*We can also supply you with a OBD0 to OBD1 (or OBD2) Distributor Adapter*
^this is so i can run a obd1 p28 with a s300, and use my factory obd0 distributor with an adapter. is this correct ?
also it mentions i need to run a 4 wire 02 sensor, anyone that should be recommended ? also were can i find the flange that needs to be welded in ? i could also ask rywire these question, but figured id run it by the pros first.

2nd question

it seems difficult to find cut and dry cam info on. i have a Web Cam grind #148e/273 with an adjustable cam gear. is there anyone who had tested what degree advanced or retarded that provides the most power, or even a starting point to help eliminate guess work on the dyno. i also plan on putting a 8100rpm rev limiter on her threw hondata. i have to look but if i recall it was retarted a degree or two upon installation for top end.

any idea on what kind of whp i could be looking at ? im going to have it tuned by a very well respected tuner, so i have no doubts in his ability. just curious at what i could be looking at. im going to have him tune it on 93, aggressive but safe tune.

last question, it has the si L3 open diff trans. i want to add lsd. any go to lsd's that you guys trust and have been proven reliable ? also is it worth it to add a mfactory final drive ? if its worth it ill do all the work on the trans at what time. if so what final ? its a street car, just a weekend cruiser but if a nice final will add some more acceleration im all for it.

im also going to add a innovative traction bar to eliminate wheel hop.

with all that being said, ill see where im at with all that has been mentioned above. id possibly be intrested in tunning on e85, either going to a fully built z6 head thats milled for more compression and add that 59300 cam i see mentioned so often. or pulling the a6 head, fully porting it and adding a bigger cam and milling it agian for higher compression. of coarse bigger injectors and fuel pump.

thanks in advance for any replys.

stratton.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
theacidbeaver's up in that area isn't he? He's about the only one I know that does TurboEdit or TunerExpress.
maybe, i dont know him or know of him.

im just going to with a p28 with hondata.

unless he is very close and has his own shop/dyno.

stratton.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
Contact The_Acid_Beaver and see if he is willing to help, if he see's you are somewhat educated on motors and such he will help you out. But you must email him and DO NOT PM him.

Click here and go to "contact info" and click "Send a message via email to xxx"

http://www.d-series.org/forums/members/the_acid_beaver-14805.html

1 - 20 of 76 Posts