Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here used these amplifiers or subwoofer? Or has anyone had experience strapping/daisy-chaining amps.
My class D monoblock amps each put out [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected] The amps see half the impedance each when strapped (so a 1ohm load is 0.5ohm at each amp) , so if I wire my Mojo15 sub to 4ohm, that should give me 1400w rms...
Does any of this sound right? Can anyone confirm for me? And does anyone have wiring diagrams for strapping 2 amplifiers.
Thank you.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
Your amps are overated just by the numbers you have posted and that is why I call BULLSHIT!

450 wrms at 4 ohms on a mono block would be 1800 wrms at 1 ohms if built and spec'd correctly.

That saying, Memphis build some BAD ASS SHIT but I have been out of the loop for some time.

Sync'ing the two amps is the hardest part....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well those were the CEA certified power ratings I was given with them.
Not that I came on here to argue the output of my amps, just if anyone had experience with strapping these ones before. The setup was powered by one amp with that same sub and box (tuned at 40Hz) and made 144Db in a crappy little Nissan Pulsar hatch.
Anyway, I have all the info I needed to finish my install, so please don't worry bout any more "helpful" replys.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
Well those were the CEA certified power ratings I was given with them.
Yeah, lets not get into the power ratings of old...which still hasn't change since I quit competing 15+ years ago.

That is like saying my D15B7 was "rated" at 102 chp when new, maybe 95 chp when I got it with 60k miles on it. I slapped on some parts and it is now 135 chp/118 whp, which is exactly what I did. Never even pulled the cylinder head, just like never opening the amp to tweak the gain settings for supply voltage or to run a higher rail voltage.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The amps were easy to sync, seeing as that's what they were built for.
One is set to "Master", the other is set to "Slave". The master amp controls the slave amp. So it is really only the one amp that gets tuned. I used a DMM to set my gain, and I'm still fiddling with frequencys (box is ported and tuned).
I only needed help with working out how to link the two outputs into one. Turns out that was easy too, I was confused because each amp has two sets of terminals (like a 2ch amp) but it turns out that they are bridged internally (to simplify wiring I think).
Long story short, the amps get linked together with RCA leads, then you wire negative (-) to neg (-) on each amp then the positive (+) on the master goes to pos (+) on the sub and the pos (+) on the slave becomes the neg (-) to the sub. I have the sub wired to 4ohms (15" Memphis Mojo DVC 2ohm 15-CM15D2 ), so the amps run at 2 ohms each.
It was pretty easy to figure out after I got passed the whole 4 terminals for 1 channel problem...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now to keep an eye out for another 15" Mojo, and a much bigger monoblock when the budget allows. Not that it needs more juice, I just figured it must be a better to run 1 large amp as opposed to running 2 smaller amps to get the same rms output. Then I'd also have a mono to go into each of my other 2 cars. My ED6 hatch still doesn't even have a HU installed, but then it's had everything else done so far, so it's coming soon...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts