Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend I swapped my D16A6(spun rod bearing)out for a free b2 I got from a running car.The car is already multipoint so I didn't have to change any wiring and everything went fine and she started right up after I got it all back together.It will start fine when the car has been sitting for a while and is cool and always runs fine.But if I try to start it when its warm(like after driving home form work or any decent distance)it just turns over but won't start.Its like it trys to start but acts almost like it's not getting fuel(or maybe to much?)I have no codes,double checked the timing,and all the grounds.

Short version-car starts fine when its cool but after it warms up it will only turn over not start.

Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
COIL or wires!
hey man I never even thought about the wires.i used my distributor off of the A6 but I used the b2 wires because I was in a hurry to start the car and the b2 wires were already on the motor.I meant to change them out but had totally forgot to do it.It's been driving me crazy because I never had this problem before I swapped the motor.I will swap them out and see if that fixes it.

Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also look into the main relay or fuel pump these also tend to fail after warming up
I thought of these first but kinda dismissed them due to the fact that the car was running fine(aside form knocking)before I swapped the motors.Also I can hear the fuel pump come on even when the car won't start.I changed the plug wires tonight but won't be able to tell if it fixed the problem till the drive home tomorrow.If not I have another relay for it aswell.It's such a strange problem though,It always cranks in the morning,I can drive all the way to work shut the car off and can always start it right back up.It always starts after work,but once I get home and shut it off it will not start.It has to sit atleast an hour before it will start up again.I really appreciate the replys,and will definately check all this stuff.Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts