Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 dx,
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I put a cd player in my car and sometimes it stays on even with the keys out of the car. After it did this I changed out the radio but the same thing happend. This is a 88 dx that had the factory tape deck in it when I gotthe car. I used adapter plug I had left over from my 91 lx (worked fine when it was in that car) all conections are soldered and heatshrinked. I have checked all my conections and they look good. Any thoughts on what could have gone wrong?

·
Registered
138 Posts
test the red wire (switched 12v) to see if it is reading 12 volts with the key off. If it is reading 12v then find a new switched power source. typically you can go to the ign harness and get it from there.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
defective ignition switch? anything else stay on in the vehicle?

·
Registered
1993 civicEX
206 Posts
^^x2 you ignition switch could be corroded or a wire rub through somewhere if its intermitant then more than likely thats the problem i have the same thing with my hvac controls from when i tried to soldeir in an alarm system to the main wires

·
Registered
91 dx,
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It seems like the ing to me. After a cuple of days of driving I found that if I'm careful when I take the key out the radio will stay off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts