Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
96 Civic EX Coupe
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, So like 5 days ago i started hereing this strange humming /whining sound coming from inside my car.

It gets louder the higher i rev my car so i figured maybe it was the radio since i have had this happen before and it was just the radio.

Tonight i removed my speakers and un hooked the deck took it for a drive and it still made the sound WTF.

It sounds like it is coming from the dash board but i cant figure out what it could be .

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Car is a 91 civic DX hatche

·
Registered
96 Civic EX Coupe
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats just the hamster that power our engines. prolly his wheel slowin down from vtakkkk
So what your saying is if i install a new vtakkkk cylinder in to my fart can it will fix the problem and add 450 hp as long as i put the DOCH VTAKKKK sticker on the side right?

·
Registered
96 Civic EX Coupe
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
youll need new fuel injectors and some engine management if you get gerbils.
so if i wanted to run the gerbils i would have to get some 2200cc fuel injectors and take it to paul walker to get tuned then eh

·
Registered
96 Civic EX Coupe
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sounds like a bad ground
The fallowing has been replaced

Valve cover to body Ground
Battery to Trans Ground
Battery to Valve Cover Ground (had an extra cable so someone recommended i added it)
Starter to Battery Positive
Fuse Box to Battery Positive
Alternator to Fuse Box Positive

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
throw out bearing or intake im leanin on tob

·
Registered
96 Civic EX Coupe
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
ECU's can be noisy creatures.
hmm its never done this before but maybe my ecu is going out that could also explane the surging i get sometimes

throw out bearing or intake im leanin on tob
well i know my throw out bearing is fuckkkked but the sound i here inside the car is more of an electrical sound like a UFO type sound

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
hmm its never done this before but maybe my ecu is going out that could also explane the surging i get sometimes

well i know my throw out bearing is fuckkkked but the sound i here inside the car is more of an electrical sound like a UFO type sound
dats what it sounds like

·
Registered
96 Civic EX Coupe
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
dats what it sounds like
it doesent on the outside it makes a scratching / fingers on chalk board sound...but i gusse the sound could change on the inside...
so yeah my throw out and clutch are shot

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.