Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1990 CRX SI
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 90 CRX Si was sitting close to the quarter of a tank mark on Sunday so I went to Speedway and filled up until the pump shut off. Drove it around more that day as well as commuted to and from work Monday and Tuesday. Probably 60-80 miles in all I would say. Got in the car today and the gas gauge seemed to still be on full. I'm thinking "yea right there's no freaking way im getting gas mileage like that!" Did some searching and thought maybe either the gauge was bad or the sender was. Couldn't be the gauge cause it moved to full when I filled it. So I popped off the rear security compartment and pulled the 2 pin connector for the sender. Hooked up my multimeter to it and turned the key half way and the fuel gauge dropped. I was reading -121.5 ohms of resistance or something close to that. I hooked everything back up and started the car and now the gas gauge sits a little around 3/4 of the tank.

What the hell is going on with this thing!? Did the float just get stuck when I filled up or what!?

·
Registered
Honda Civic
16 Posts
Mine sits at full all the time unless it get very cold outside. Your floaty sensor that reads the amount of fuel you have is sticking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts