Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Mine go boom. Well, not really. It still ran fine, but the sleeves were in the wrong position which caused alot of coolant leakage. :? You know you're driving a Honda when you're boosting 14psi with shifted cylinders and still smokin' Camaros/Mustangs. 8)
:honda: >every other car

T

·
0 Posts
we had a guy come in one time cause he set up his first ever turbo kit on a D16Y8, everything looked nice. But it came in on the tow so we knew we had a problem. Complaint: customer states driving down road heres loud bang, smoke everywhere, oil under car, car is turbocharged......customer says to fix and make right.

Anyway, we didnt have to search far, # 3 rod hanging out the block in the rear, pulled motor, removed head, head perfect-not a spec on it, but piston is in sleeve sideways, pulled pan, pick up tube----wtf is that non existant exploded from bottom of rod, pan had like 6 holes in it, block had the one but long as shit. Anyway, we found his compressor to gate line had came off his snail. Didnt have it attached with anything, no zip ties, no wraps, nothing, just blew off and he must have just kept building boost, I bet he was around 18-25 stock internals when she went up in smoke. We threw her back together with a new D, been fine since, the guy has actually been boosting 10 psi on stock internals for like 4 years now with no more problems.

A good story to learn from.............

B

·
0 Posts
I'm still driving my first boosted D. used a t25 for a while, now a 50 trim t3. Put about 12000 miles on it so far with the afc hack. Seems solid, still 180-185 comp across all four last week. Boring story but it shows how doing your research can save lots of headaches.

A better story is a kid that lives a few min away from me. 91 teg. LS/Vtec rods, pistons, ported head, 6 puck blah blah blah.
NO MANAGMENT and a chipped LS ecu for NA (read -advanced timing :roll: ) Put a resistor on the coolant temp sensor so it ran in cold startup mode all the time. He had vtec on a switch :lol: and just ran a fuel pump and lots of pressure. lasted about a month or two, most of it was at 8psi too. He blew it at 12-14 psi. Ignorance owns

1 - 4 of 4 Posts