Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
89 crx si

epoxy putty, jb weld, and gas tank repair putty do not work!

i cleaned the pipe to a metal shine, made sure no gas was leaking(let it sit for a day and a half before working) and still the gas seeps through when i start her up. i leave the banjo bolt on the fuel filter off and unscrew the gas cap, each time after applying the putty ive left the car alone for 15-20hours, NOTHING is working. my fuel pressure reads fine and i haven't ran the car enough to cause a drip but i see the gas seeping through. ghetto tips or products would help! getting a fuel rated hose and clamping it over? teflon tape THEN putty? no place sells just the fuel pump hanger always with the pump itself, if anyone has an extra pump hanger and metal underbody lines let me know:hammer::hammer::hammer:

ryan

edit- anyone know the diameter of the lines? 5/16?

·
Banned
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
try cutting out the bad section, then use some rubber fuel line hose and slide it over both ends...clamp down with clamps that are specifically for fuel lines. they're the ones with no perforations in the clamp.

just my 2cents. ive done it in the past as an easy fix.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
yeah u can get those fuel line clamps for cheap from the junk yard in any newer nissan

i would suggest cutting it out and flaring the ends and put a fitting in the gap

1 - 6 of 6 Posts