Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic Dx
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Short rant and heads up. But fuck man. Another of my Civics got stolen again. This time it's my favorite one. This car had no upgrades just a well maintained STOCK vehicle. My first day on my nursing unit too. Such is life I guess.

AND my Mom's spare key to her car and the garage door opener were in the vehicle as well. My insurance info is also in the glove box.

CA license plate HQD215. Stolen in San Francisco, CA. Parked outside of my work place.

Lessons learned:
1) Keep insurance information on your person.
2) Never postpone car security. (Shit, that will be the first thing I do on my next car.)
3) Do not leave other car keys, inside other cars.

I do not know, I think I'm gonna have to move on from this platform. Two stolen cars in 3 years is no fucking good.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
So sorry dude

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,225 Posts
It's a 99-00 front end, and that's mostly what any thief would care about. Stock parts will sell like hotcakes, especially OEM silver parts (hard to color match). Aftermarket parts don't get as much because you really have to focus your selling, plus they're usually easy to I.D. if sold at the same time.

I hope you get it back, there aren't as many unmolested & mechanically sound Civic's out there anymore.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Sorry man, that sucks.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
It's a 99-00 front end, and that's mostly what any thief would care about. Stock parts will sell like hotcakes, especially OEM silver parts (hard to color match). Aftermarket parts don't get as much because you really have to focus your selling, plus they're usually easy to I.D. if sold at the same time.

I hope you get it back, there aren't as many unmolested & mechanically sound Civic's out there anymore.
so it's not like back in the day where you'd get your car back sans motor/trans, they're actually chopping these anymore?

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
This is one of the major reasons I got out the Honda-game. HATED having to wonder if my car would be outside after work or wherever I went.

Hope your lucky and the f'rs find out you don't have a B/K swap and just ditch it somewhere.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
This is one of the major reasons I got out the Honda-game. HATED having to wonder if my car would be outside after work or wherever I went.

Hope your lucky and the f'rs find out you don't have a B/K swap and just ditch it somewhere.
x2..... the problem is, it doesn't matter what car sometimes, if they want it they'll take it. It's disgusting what these whole car thing has came to, and to miss a sleep thinking that your car might not be there in the morning when you wake up. Fuck thieves!

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic Dx
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dude what sucks the most is all the fucking inconvenience this causes. I gotta file a police report, gotta talk to insurance, my daughter's car seat was in there, my ipod was in there, gotta catch a ride to work, gotta find another car. It took me 4 months to find that thing!! Man right in time for the holidays too. SMH but I'm still a blessed individual to have family that loves me, food to eat and clothes on my back. Maybe this is a message from God or the universe to remind me that I still got plenty to be thankful for.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
Dude what sucks the most is all the fucking inconvenience this causes. I gotta file a police report, gotta talk to insurance, my daughter's car seat was in there, my ipod was in there, gotta catch a ride to work, gotta find another car. It took me 4 months to find that thing!! Man right in time for the holidays too. SMH but I'm still a blessed individual to have family that loves me, food to eat and clothes on my back. Maybe this is a message from God or the universe to remind me that I still got plenty to be thankful for.
this sucks major balls, im always unsure if im going to come out to a car when i leave this little town. at least you can look at it in a positive way, and i believe everything happens for a reason

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Shit that sucks. Also rare to see a Honda without an alarm. Hopefully the the thief only used it for a ride and you get her back in one piece. There are a lot of anti theft things you can do to slow them down. Good luck.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Im super sorry to hear this man... keep your head up. Good things are bound to come your way! And for that thief... karma will get them...its only a matter of time. Merry Christmas man

1 - 20 of 75 Posts