Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have a stock z6 in my ej1 and i was wondering if i can just bolt up a turbo and run 5-8 psi with decent tune....im a noob to this so please chime in on what i can do for this build...basicly i have redone everything except internals... oem water pump new seals timing belt radiator...this is my daily and i at least want to either spank b-series or keep up...i have a spare z6 so i really could care less about the z6 that is in the car...

·
Registered
8 Posts
that was pretty funny lol, but yes you can put a turbo on your engine and run it low psi, but you wont be spanking or still keeping up with with b series, stock d series motors just cant handle a turbo, upgrade internals and youl be good to go

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
that was pretty funny lol, but yes you can put a turbo on your engine and run it low psi, but you wont be spanking or still keeping up with with b series, stock d series motors just cant handle a turbo, upgrade internals and youl be good to go
thanks for the lulz

·
Registered
165 Posts
Cant be done.
:trysearch:
are you say you can not build a z6 with stock internals to keep up with a stock b-series?

from what i have read on the form the z6 with stock internals will hold 200-220HP and if i remember right a stock b18c makes about 170HP now i not saying the z6 is going to be raping on b-series but i think it will hold its own.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
well i have a stock z6 in my ej1 and i was wondering if i can just bolt up a turbo and run 5-8 psi with decent tune....im a noob to this so please chime in on what i can do for this build...basicly i have redone everything except internals... oem water pump new seals timing belt radiator...this is my daily and i at least want to either spank b-series or keep up...i have a spare z6 so i really could care less about the z6 that is in the car...
You need to search, there is gobs of information on this, broken down for you in the stickies of the forced induction section.

You need to get your facts straight before you put out mis-information.

·
Registered
137 Posts
are you say you can not build a z6 with stock internals to keep up with a stock b-series?

from what i have read on the form the z6 with stock internals will hold 200-220HP and if i remember right a stock b18c makes about 170HP now i not saying the z6 is going to be raping on b-series but i think it will hold its own.
I guess my sarcasm was lost in the interwebs. Yes it can be done, I've done it myself, and spanked my share of B18c's but I wasn't going to be spoonfeeding the noob. I spent 4 months on this forum searching before I even posted once. There is MORE than enough info in the stickies alone to get you started. At this point op hasn't done enough searching to know what he wants.

/thread PLEASE

·
Registered
165 Posts
I guess my sarcasm was lost in the interwebs. Yes it can be done, I've done it myself, and spanked my share of B18c's but I wasn't going to be spoonfeeding the noob. I spent 4 months on this forum searching before I even posted once. There is MORE than enough info in the stickies alone to get you started. At this point op hasn't done enough searching to know what he wants.

/thread PLEASE
o sorry i did not catch the sarcasm.but yea i no what you mean i think i was a member for like a year be for i started to posting.

·
Registered
385 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Spank a monkey its cheaper. You can get a ton of answers from these guys if have a specific question. A search can yield many truths about ones self, an amazing journey to the depths of existence can be found if thy searcheth.

This isn't mine but I found it easily with a few words and enter key stroke, hehehe stroke.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/forced-induction/76298-my-z6-turbo-project.html

Start here, minus a few steps you already took, and you have what youre looking for spoonfed, my good deed for this fine friday.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts