Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok does ne one have a pic of a stock D16z6 cam handy .. my buddy bought a coupe and it had a blown/ sized z6 in it with a chipped p28 and a skunk works camgear..
so his plans are to swap a b16 in it so i took the head home and tore it apart..

well this cam i pulled out dosent look stock to me but then agean ive never seen a z6 cam only a y8 and a b7 .. with the supporting mods he had ( chipped and cam gear) im wondering if this wasent a aftermarket cam.

theres one set of numbers but only 4 numbers and no brand name on the cam so i dunno..

thanks guys ne help is good help

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
well dont you think it would be usefull to post the set of letters/numbers...

i will be able to tell you off the bat if its a stock z6 cam or not

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha good point hold on.......(going to the garadge) ok the numbers are...D334 its markd on the dizzy side of the cam

thanks for the help..

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool thanks it looked more agressive than a y8 cam thats all... thanks for the imput

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
cool thanks it looked more agressive than a y8 cam thats all... thanks for the imput
thats because it is. the z6 cam is i belive 4.5 degrees more agressively timed than the y8, because of the head port shapes,compression, and head combustion chamber shape (more quench)

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
actually there are 3 kinds of cams... theres the z6 cam, the y8 cam... and the more aggressive z6 cam.. and you sir have the one that is more aggressive...

do some reasearch on honda-tech and here.. i dont feel like digging through it again and again.. i posted it somewhere in here but forgot where..

the z6 cam that you have has .20 more lift then the y8 and other z6 cam.. yea its not much.. and also the valve opening and closing is also degreed differently...

like i said search.. vtec cam differences youll find it :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool people i thank you very much for the info and sorry if that came off a lil noobish...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts