Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
The Man, The myth, The legend
2003 Cadillac Esc.
181 Posts
Valves springs have the daunting task of not only dealing with the weight of the valvetrain (rocker arm, valves, retainers, keepers) but in boost, it has the additional job of working against boost pressure.
It is highly recommended to always upgrade valvetrain in boosted applications to place damaging valve float at bay.

And by the way, the Bisimoto level 2.4 is not the same as the other brand you mentioned...no where near. Thanks.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
I sold my 272-2 to my buddy who is currently using it now but he is not revving much, if at all, past stock. He plans on getting valvetrain very soon.

I know members, Jimmyb comes to mind I think, who had an aftermarket cam revving past stock and never had an issue (Can't remember what cam he had or other specifics though).

Having said all of that, I would listen to the manufacturer and I know bisi recommends drivetrain for the 2.4.

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
Why is Bisi allowed to peddle his shit on a site that he doesn't sponsor?

·
凸(◕_◕)凸
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited by Moderator)
...And by the way, the Bisimoto level 2.4 is not the same as the other brand you mentioned...no where near.

mindless said:
I sold my 272-2 to my buddy who is currently using it now but he is not revving much, if at all, past stock. He plans on getting valvetrain very soon.

I know members, Jimmyb comes to mind I think, who had an aftermarket cam revving past stock and never had an issue (Can't remember what cam he had or other specifics though).
all stock springs, right?

I would get something aftermarket for the 272-2. I had supertech springs in mine.
thx for input

yeah Bisi, with some of the prices you have on your shit you have no choice but to be b a l l i n:cool2:
:wheelchair:

Thanks guys

·
11,892 Posts
No name calling of other users please. Nor peddling of products if you are a business and do not sponsor this site. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
if you can get your hands on OEM vtec intake springs put them on the exhaust side as well

they are stiffer and will let you rev a few hundred rpm safer

taking the delta 272 up to 7800 with all intake springs in a y7 head

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
WTF is he peddling? The OP asked about the Bisi 2.4, and Bisi fucking replied.

I know its "cool" to hate on Bisi on this forum, but this is a little ridiculous.
Also, I woulsnt say Bisi's products are expensive by any stretch, you guys are just used to everything being dirt cheap. If youve ever tried to build something other than a Honda, you know that Honda Internals are extraordinarily cheap. When I was going to build my Miata shortblock I was going to have to spend $700 on pistons and $1200 on rods.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Like full tilt said he wasnt trying to peddle any thing, read before you fucking talk, and this isnt the thread for you to ask that question on, dont hate on some thing you cant afford or never tested..

And kingyeddi, idk wtf your prob is, bisi answers your question and you come back with a smart ass remark/picture? get a fucking grip, just becuase some one else bashed on him doesnt mean you gotta be a cocky prick aswell. Like i said, dont talk shit on some thing you cant afford :bigok:

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
And by the way, the Bisimoto level 2.4 is not the same as the other brand you mentioned...no where near. Thanks.
I'm not trying to make this thread worse, but other then material, being a regrind, and the geometry of the valve train, I would like to know what makes them being so different.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I'm not trying to make this thread worse, but other then material, being a regrind, and the geometry of the valve train, I would like to know what makes them being so different.
R&D? Brand? Who knows.

You can get similar quality and performance from a Japanese car for a fraction of the price of a German car. There are still lots of people buying German cars.
Perhaps the difference is qualitative, not quantitative.

The only legitamate argument for not using a Bisi cam is the lack of specific information. Many people in the pursuit of power are knowledgable enough to need to know the detailed specifications of a camshaft so that they can get exactly the powerband characteristics that they desire. But that is a small minority of people.
>99% of people modifying Hondas would be well off to just take the advice of others in choosing a camshaft, in which case a Bisi cam is a good choice.

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts

I know its "cool" to hate on Bisi on this forum, but this is a little ridiculous.
Also, I woulsnt say Bisi's products are expensive by any stretch, you guys are just used to everything being dirt cheap. If youve ever tried to build something other than a Honda, you know that Honda Internals are extraordinarily cheap. When I was going to build my Miata shortblock I was going to have to spend $700 on pistons and $1200 on rods.
His post was edited by Mindless. Bisi was telling the OP to buy "his" springs along with quoting a price. That is peddling. I am not jumping on any band wagon.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Grind quality. For serious. It makes a huge )(#$(*$# difference.

·
11,892 Posts
Let's not turn this into a bisi vs the world thread please.

·
凸(◕_◕)凸
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the fuck happened here? lamo
if you can get your hands on OEM vtec intake springs put them on the exhaust side as well

they are stiffer and will let you rev a few hundred rpm safer

taking the delta 272 up to 7800 with all intake springs in a y7 head
All stock springs, right

what ive seen was pretty fucking steep. but what do I know, I was spoiled by SBC and pushrod Stangs.. but it no secret, I'm a cheapo

Like full tilt said he wasnt trying to peddle any thing, read before you fucking talk, and this isnt the thread for you to ask that question on, dont hate on some thing you cant afford or never tested..

And kingyeddi, idk wtf your prob is, bisi answers your question and you come back with a smart ass remark/picture? get a fucking grip, just becuase some one else bashed on him doesnt mean you gotta be a cocky prick aswell. Like i said, dont talk shit on some thing you cant afford :bigok:

who said I couldnt afford it? lmao I'm just cheap. and yeah I was under the impression the 272-2 was cloned from a 2.4..

+1 :-D

His post was edited by Mindless. Bisi was telling the OP to buy "his" springs along with quoting a price. That is peddling. I am not jumping on any band wagon.
;)

Fair enough, my mistake.
:joint:
Grind quality. For serious. It makes a huge )(#$(*$# difference.
I'll take the cheap one

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
yes all stock spings

intake side of head stock vtec head intake springs
exhaust side of head stock vtec head intake springs
(the intake springs have a bit of red paint on them)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts