Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently running a t3/t4 50 trim Bullseye setup on my EJ. Its tuned at 20psi and it made 309whp with 231 tq( yes the lower end is built). Now in the spring I planned on running the bisi 2.4 turbo cam with the bisi spring/retainer kit, as well as run E-85 on 1000cc injectors. I am starting to worry about the sleeves now. What do you think the peak power would be on these? I heard 400whp+ but I wanna hear some more advice. I am looking to break the 375whp and the its done for me. I still want my block to be reliable as well... Is it possible? My tuner is very reputable as well... What do you guys think? :)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I am currently running a t3/t4 50 trim Bullseye setup on my EJ. Its tuned at 20psi and it made 309whp with 231 tq( yes the lower end is built). Now in the spring I planned on running the bisi 2.4 turbo cam with the bisi spring/retainer kit, as well as run E-85 on 1000cc injectors. I am starting to worry about the sleeves now. What do you think the peak power would be on these? I heard 400whp+ but I wanna hear some more advice. I am looking to break the 375whp and the its done for me. I still want my block to be reliable as well... Is it possible? My tuner is very reputable as well... What do you guys think? :)
Yes, it's fine. Plenty of proof out there. I worried "a little" when I tried to hit 400+whp; that was until it was tuned. Then I was basically worry free. I drove the piss out of my 434whp Y8; that is until the turbo decided to take a dookie on me. Hell, we tried 30psi which I assume it would've put me near 450whp, but the clutch didn't hold.

Detonation will break things, not just power. Your 309whp could've broken the sleeves just as easily as my 434whp set up could've. Good tuner, quality parts, good afr's, and hope to god you have a good tank of gas.

What tuning software are you using?

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
as long as you take the preventable steps you're good....a good builder and a good tune does wonders...

you can help prevent detonation but you cant stop it

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, it's fine. Plenty of proof out there. I worried "a little" when I tried to hit 400+whp; that was until it was tuned. Then I was basically worry free. I drove the piss out of my 434whp Y8; that is until the turbo decided to take a dookie on me. Hell, we tried 30psi which I assume it would've put me near 450whp, but the clutch didn't hold.

Detonation will break things, not just power. Your 309whp could've broken the sleeves just as easily as my 434whp set up could've. Good tuner, quality parts, good afr's, and hope to god you have a good tank of gas.

What tuning software are you using?
P28 Chipped with chrome... the tuner is good and the parts I used are def solid... quality parts...

·
Registered
98 civic
2,429 Posts
only your tuner can prevent motor explosions....kinda like smokey the bear but its tuney the bear

1 - 20 of 23 Posts