Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm doing research and i thought you guys can pich in some info. im gona run a d16z6 block with eagle rod and srp piston with block guard. n of course a d16z6 head too. the rest is stock. how many lbs of boost can the stock sleeve handle before it give in for a daily drive and track. will run t3/t4 turbo. can the sleeve handle 15+lbs of boost and withstand more then 300+ whp? if best 350whp. that my goal. hope im not too greedy.

·
Registered
836 Posts
350 has been done on stock sleeves with a block guard. If you are seriouse about making that much power reliably, and as a daily driver, I would spend the extra green and get her sleeved

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
stock sleeves are not as reliable as you think and can only take so much abuse..
and eagle rods...well...
if you wanna do it right
do it right the first time

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Stock sleeves are more strong than what you guys think.. I know of 3 local guys with stock sohc sleeves + block guard and they have 380whp and rund 24-26 PSI on T3/t4 turbos

I have stock sleeves and i have 266whp, currently planning on going for 300+whp.I run daily 18PSI of bost 24/7 and not a single problem, i will be installing a t3/t4 as well and running 15-18psi daily...I also know of 2 other guys that on small turbos(T3) run 20 and 26PSIs on stock sohc sleeves...

All these cars are daily drivers and have been boosted for over a year...some of them have 3 years boosted with that kind of power on stock sleeves and they have ran well and no problems.

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
fjt said:
Stock sleeves are more strong than what you guys think.. I know of 3 local guys with stock sohc sleeves + block guard and they have 380whp and rund 24-26 PSI on T3/t4 turbos

I have stock sleeves and i have 266whp, currently planning on going for 300+whp.I run daily 18PSI of bost 24/7 and not a single problem, i will be installing a t3/t4 as well and running 15-18psi daily...I also know of 2 other guys that on small turbos(T3) run 20 and 26PSIs on stock sohc sleeves...

All these cars are daily drivers and have been boosted for over a year...some of them have 3 years boosted with that kind of power on stock sleeves and they have ran well and no problems.
thats pretty bad..
it just proves that if you build it right you get more out of it..
380 stock block 24psi on a t3/t4....
300 @18...
im seeing nothing really impressive

O

·
0 Posts
stock sleeves will not hold a lot. 17-18 can blow them appart. your friedns are on borrowed time, not to mention any fool runing a block guard over 18lbs is only asking for trouble, they cause hot spots, and detonation. believe what you want, but I can assure you if it was ok don't you think I would have opted for that over sleeving? $ was NOT a concern when I did my engine build. I wanted something to last and hold out. it does just that. Sleeving is best if your going to go over 18psi. block buards are NEVER recommended. post instead of guard. they do notinterfier with water flow as much and do not cause hot sports. posting will allow for safty of 18 lbs and it's a sure way to knwo it's safe. any higher is all on your own.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
then where can i get my block sleeve with a reasonable price for quality work. what kind of sleeve do you guy recommend? darton? that the only one i know that good.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Some of you guys might already know but you should check out block filling! There is a good writeup on it @ HMT that is easy and cheap too do if you have alittle time on your hands..

·
Registered
784 Posts
Holy shit these threads are retarded.

1) Blockguards are a shitty idea. See thermodynamics. Ill give you a hint, two different materials and their expansion rates at a given temperature.

2) Block posts are a shitty idea. Again, you arent letting the metal expand outwards at all, and it will transfer all that force to the shared portion of the sleeve and it will add stress.

3) Stock sleeves are fine. they are made of the same material as B-series sleeves which take 600+whp in race conditions. If you want to rev the piss out of the engine and make gobs of power, then you want sleeves. If not KISS

·
Registered
491 Posts
361.9whp on 17psi on stock Z6 sleeves here, SRP pistons and Eagle rods. No problems yet, but like oscar said.....im on borrowed time, its gonna give way sooner or later. I drive my car but dont consider it a DD, it gets about 2500 miles a year on it. If you got the extra cash just do it right and sleeve it if u want big numbers out of a DD.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and i still dont know where to get my block sleeve and what kind of sleeve i can use. even though ur feedback is good. i want answer.

·
Ferio inspired
2,441 Posts
psi does not bust stock sleeves first, detonation does :beer:

·
Premium Member
18,607 Posts
civic4ges said:
OMFG the blockguard debate will go on forever!!!

I love blockguards...and they love me

Posts are too tiny, and very screwy

Keep on debating this and you shall see

That blockguards Mr Oscar are blind to thee
Buaahahaha... thats good shit!

·
Registered
286 Posts
my buddy is running 20psi on z6 motor w/blockguard i now because i install the BG while he had the head sent in for work.. its all about tunning and yes detonation will blow your motor up....my buddy is running a Haltech E6k pushing 550cc injector i got a haltech F5 for my turbo setup but i'm only pushing 10psi....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
maybe i leave the sleeve alone and save me big buck and do something with those money. what the best blockguard out there on the market right now?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts