Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
94 civic hatch
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question for a d16z6 engine build. Could i just shot peened, balance and polished the stock rods with arp rod bolts. for a reliable 15psi or would i be better off spending $255 for the tuner toys rods. And maybe upping the psi eventually. Also would the stock piston be ok, or what is a better alternative without spending a ton.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
You would be better off buying TT/Vitara combo. Dont bother with stock rods and forged pistons or forged pistons and stock rods...Either way is pointless because there will still be a weak link.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
You would be better off buying TT/Vitara combo. Dont bother with stock rods and forged pistons or forged pistons and stock rods...Either way is pointless because there will still be a weak link.
:TU:

·
Registered
94 civic hatch
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So i just went on ebay and typed vitara pistons, what came up is pistons and pins that are 75mm and 8.5 to 1 compression for only 145 dollars. This seems really cheap but are these the ones that everyone is talking about?

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
...kinda. The ones the guy on here sells is supposedly better from what I hear.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
or use eagle rods, they are a little bit expensiver but they need no modifications

Reactions: ryan89crx

·
Registered
94 civic hatch
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was thinking of a t3/t4 hybrid. I have access to stock dsm, volvo, and saab turbos for next to nothing, and maybe this year i would have access to the turbo off my friends sky redline. What would work the best for a dd and occasionally weekend bracket racing? Im thinking t3/t4.

·
Registered
94 civic hatch
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you EVERYONE for the info on the pistons and rods.

drukinmaster1 hows your car for daily driving? your turbo seems huge but your setup seems nicely put together. i dont think I would go with a turbo that big just yet. Maybe 50trim .48/.60 Im looking for around 250-300 hp to the wheels. im going to buy a hondata s300, get it tuned on a dyno and run 93 octane. No raceing gas. Any turbo recommendations for this hp range

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.