Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if I could save some $$$ on my new build and just get the head cleaned/checked for cracks/new seals/3angle valve job/arp head studs and go. I only want to rev to about 7500 so I do not need new springs/retainers nor do I want to shell out $500 for a cam+camgear.

and for the block I just want to do a rebuild/notch the block and add vitara pistons and eagle rods.

also, about how much should a local machine shop charge for the head? shortblock?

thanks.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Head should be $150ish for a basic cleaning and valve job. The short block is probebly going to cost a bit more than normal just because of the work involved.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
notch block

I was wondering if I could save some $$$ on my new build and just get the head cleaned/checked for cracks/new seals/3angle valve job/arp head studs and go. I only want to rev to about 7500 so I do not need new springs/retainers nor do I want to shell out $500 for a cam+camgear.

and for the block I just want to do a rebuild/notch the block and add vitara pistons and eagle rods.

also, about how much should a local machine shop charge for the head? shortblock?

thanks.
hey i pm u

1 - 3 of 3 Posts