Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1988 Integra
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished my motor swap and when I drive the car it seems to be fairly gutless, also when I wot it arround 5k rpm smoke blows out. Is this fairly typical when running the wrong ecu?

·
Registered
1988 Integra
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The motor is a d15b VTEC (oops forgot to mention) with a NON-VTEC p06 ecu that used to run its old d15b7.

·
Registered
873 Posts
IMO if the DX had 190cc injectors then using that P06's fuel map is making your jdm D15B's 240cc injectors run richer than the engine needs to be.

I wouldn't WOT that until I get the right ecu - a P08 at best.

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
the Dx has 240cc injectors. Your vtec isnt working, so when at WOT(when the fuel map and timing increases) the Dx stock timing is not enough to lean out the mix. Which causes you to billow out black smoke(unburned fuel). Not to mention you run the risk of washing the cylinders of oil and creating a metal to metal situation....which will ruin the motor. Get a P08 or P28 ecu and let the motor run like its supposed to run.

·
Registered
1988 Integra
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So are my dx injectors going to work when the new ecu arrives? Iam not going to drive it until I get the new computer because that would suck to ruin it after all that work.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,428 Posts
The PO6 with run the D15B VTEC, but no VTEC, the problem lies the small base lopes are not matched to the ECU tuning above 5000 rpms.

Just drive it normally until you can afford a correct ECU or have yours chipped. Keep it under 4000 and you'll be fine. Just don't go beating on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts