Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I picked up a cheap 90 crx dx. Car has LOW compression so Im going to rebuild it

Question is, MUST i go with a z6 block or can the b2 block with a z6 head get the job done (Just wanting to break it in N/A and then boost later when the money comes)

But for where the boost is concerned do i want to go with b2 pistons or would the compression be too high with the z6 head? Should i use z6 pistons?

·
Registered
01 civic lx
310 Posts
whats the purpose of the build?? gonna be for DD or what... thats the first question you should be asking yourself

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
that really doesnt have anything to do with my question. The purpose was because it has low compression and i said i was going to boost it. This isnt one of those *how do i make my honduh fast* childish threads. all i wanted to know was do the b2 pistons cause too much compression with a z6 head? or would i need to run different pistons. seems like i remember seeing a compression calculator a couple years back say to go a diff route but its been a while

·
Registered
01 civic lx
310 Posts
yea and you dont show what set up you wana run you can have a high comp setup and boost no much but you can.. CFM on on your build you have nothing and this thread is junk ask dumb questions get dumb answers and how the hell do you make to much compression for a head?!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts