Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard that driving on stock injectors and fuel pump is dangerous??
im planning to buy a set of 450cc injectors and upgrade the fuel pump

·
Registered
250 Posts
If your tuned and not running a very high horsepower rating then you should be fine. I believe the stock injectors will carry you to 175 HP range with a good tune.

Sent from my MB860

·
Registered
211 Posts
i ran mine at 4 psi stock injectors and stock fuel pump back and forth to work for a few days until my burner and everything came in the mail.
how ever i don't recommend it , just don't spool it up and you'll be fine .

arent prelude injectors bigger than dseries injectors ? if so might be worth trying a set if you cant find dsm's

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
i ran mine at 4 psi stock injectors and stock fuel pump back and forth to work for a few days until my burner and everything came in the mail.
how ever i don't recommend it , just don't spool it up and you'll be fine .

arent prelude injectors bigger than dseries injectors ? if so might be worth trying a set if you cant find dsm's
Ludes r like 345cc so for low hp they will work but id really got 410cc n higher.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
so much bad advice in here.

i wouldn't run 1 psi on stock injectors. they are barley enough for a n/a d16 let alone a turbo. 310's will get you near 200hp

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
so much bad advice in here.

i wouldn't run 1 psi on stock injectors. they are barley enough for a n/a d16 let alone a turbo. 310's will get you near 200hp
Not saying they're ideal, but I wouldn't say that's entirely true. Didn't bigtuna run stock injectors on his NA setup that made good power? I mean, I wouldn't do it personally...

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Just to clarify, I wasn't saying that the stock injectors should be used. I was saying that even if you (OP) heard of someone using the stock injectors on a 2xx whp engine (on Honda-tech) you shouldn't necessarily do it.

Also, it's not good to max out the injectors, or even be close to maxing them out.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Just to clarify, I wasn't saying that the stock injectors should be used. I was saying that even if you (OP) heard of someone using the stock injectors on a 2xx whp engine (on Honda-tech) you shouldn't necessarily do it.

Also, it's not good to max out the injectors, or even be close to maxing them out.
i was maxing out dsm 450s on 10 psi according to crome

·
Registered
962 Posts
i have done it in my mate's car. toyota ct9 turbo from 4efte boosting 9psi. stock injector and pump and everything been running like this for years.

turbo run out of breath at about 6.5k

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
i was maxing out dsm 450s on 10 psi according to crome
Crome's injector duty cycle is not accurate. It depends a lot how the tuner sets the initial injector settings up to how accurate the % is.

Stock 240cc injectors are good to about approx 140whp at stock fuel pressure. Chances are with any bit of boost, your going to come close to this or more. I would not run them ever on a boosted setup, especially without a wideband.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You will max out the stock injectors / stock fuel pump with any kind of boost. I would NOT recommend running any kind of boost on that crap- unless you want to blow your sh*t up.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
OEM type R injectors are 240 cc....

all motor, people make 180-190Whp all the time on stock injectors

more fuel is required for boost versus a n/a motor (even at the same power levels)

20m/s of fuel is 100% duty cycle

WHP will not be identical on any setup. but for a d15 or even d16 on low boost, i dont see it surpassing 160whp on a few psi,

in that case yes it would work, but i wouldnt see it going much further than that without serious consequences.

for anything other than a basic basic sub 150whp setup, the stock fuel system wont work.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Crome's injector duty cycle is not accurate. It depends a lot how the tuner sets the initial injector settings up to how accurate the % is.

Stock 240cc injectors are good to about approx 140whp at stock fuel pressure. Chances are with any bit of boost, your going to come close to this or more. I would not run them ever on a boosted setup, especially without a wideband.
it was set up properly that why i said according to crome (meaning crome is a lil off), i was also running a huge ching chong turbo which probably why they were very high in the duty cycles.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts