Honda D Series Forum banner

Stock ignition system

4K views 73 replies 20 participants last post by  Garage_Boy 
#1 ·
How much hp/boost is the stock igition system usually good for on a D16z6? Btw, I searched and didn't find anything.

#12 ·
if anything, upgrade to a accel internal coil. iv heard of people using just those on set ups up to 800hp with everything else factory.

#14 · (Edited)
If its cutting up in boost you may have a tuning issue. May not be ignition OR fuel. .025 gap is fine. Your coil could be old and as it heats up the resistance may be going to high and causing the issue OR you could have carbon fouled cap, or old wires, or bad rotor..... research and problem solve.

Reactions: T-MacK
#26 ·
Well, sometimes it does both. It was hitting the boost good yesterday morning, and by the end of the day it seemed to be loading up really bad and was cutting out completely and running really bad like it was blowing out the spark. So, what should I run? The 8's (4554) as single slam said or the 7's?

#27 · (Edited)
Try 8 and go from there I have had no issue after the plug swap but my tuner was not aware of my mistake till he said pull the plugs and looked at them he dropped in the other ones and good ever since budget build my bud made the manifold down pipe and dump tube and I/c piping oh and the catch can tried to do everything as cheap as possible but as nice as I could lol.

#30 ·
Lol budget to the end even the aeromotive fuel set up including A1000 pump and sumped tank system. Well just try out the plugs till you feel comfortable the way your car runs there's a old rite up here it is hope it helps but the reason we use the 4554 is cause it works with no issues for us but not every car is the same.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/general-tech/95310-spark-plug-info.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.