Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
yeah 400whp is a reasonable answer that Ive heard several times.... the stock honda ignition works actually very very well...

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not sure... I just want to see if my ignition system is good. My tuner seems to think I need to upgrade to an aftermarket system, but you guys are saying that the stock one should be fine. I'm pushing 21 psi and making over 350 hp.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
if anything, upgrade to a accel internal coil. iv heard of people using just those on set ups up to 800hp with everything else factory.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I'm not really trying to get more power from an ignition, I'm just trying to get my cutting out problem worked out. My mechanic said it was the ignition system that was causing the problem, but you guys think it is running rich (different thread). I'm just trying to figure everything out before I talk to him again so I know what I want him to do. But now I am breaking up right before I get into boost, and my car completly died today... I changed out my plugs and the car started right back up.

If your breaking up you need to look at what your plug gap is set at.
Btw, what do you guys gap your plugs at? (mines at .025) And is ngk 11 too hot?

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
If its cutting up in boost you may have a tuning issue. May not be ignition OR fuel. .025 gap is fine. Your coil could be old and as it heats up the resistance may be going to high and causing the issue OR you could have carbon fouled cap, or old wires, or bad rotor..... research and problem solve.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,425 Posts
if the tune was done on way too cold of a plug, when you switch to a proper plug it will need retuned.

On the 1200 hp monster they only run 11's in the hot weather.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts