Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,227 Posts
I disagree :)

First big jump is from going to ZERO psi/vacuum, you will then see the fuel pressure rise as boost pressure is added to the FPR diaphram.

BUT!!!!!!!

1:1 isn't anything, assuming 45 psi base pressure, 6 psi is only 51 psi, not enough to even worry about!

8:1 or 12:1 FMU need, but it's still not the right way since the ECU won't be pulling enough timing.

DSM 450's + tuning = reliable setup, even for your daily beater.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts

First big jump is from going to ZERO psi/vacuum, you will then see the fuel pressure rise as boost pressure is added to the FPR diaphram.

BUT!!!!!!!

1:1 isn't anything, assuming 45 psi base pressure, 6 psi is only 51 psi, not enough to even worry about!

8:1 or 12:1 FMU need, but it's still not the right way since the ECU won't be pulling enough timing.

So Bones with my 450's I don't nesaccily need a fpr to bring the fuel pressuer down, even if Im running 90 or more duty cycle on em?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

BUT!!!!!!!

I'm trying to determine if the stock fpr boosts the rail pressure at all during boost. We know that the difference in pressure on the rail and in the manifold is what determines the flow fuel. (other than pw and cc of injector) Imagine if the fuel pressure stayed capped at 43psi. 10 psi of boost would be like 33psi fuel pressure to the injector.

I'm planning on using dsm injectors or bigger. I had been running stock injectors and fmu + megasqirt to tune the maps. Now I want to get rid of all hacks and do it right.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts