Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a small T30 eBay turbo and a stock D16y7 With a y8 head on it. The car and bottom end has 117k on it and the head is brand new and machined. If I take my small T30 turbo and a small little intercooler and hook it up and tune it to like 12 PSI could I reliably daily drive it. Not looking for a whole bunch of HP just about maybe 200 or something. Just some street fun. Mainly just want to know how reliable it would be on low boost considering the car itself is taken care of and has low miles. I have all the parts I need pretty much except an oil cooler and an intercooler. The head was machined and has Supertech valve springs and retainers. It had about 170k before machine work. I'm sitting at like 130whp at the moment, so I'm not expecting high numbers just fun and reliability. Thoughts?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,529 Posts
psi means nothing. you say nothing of fuel upgrades or how youll tune it. the search feature is at the top of the page.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
807 Posts
Like slo said, boost means nothing, only power does. If you want your power goal to be 200whp, then just boost till you hit that number. Of course, the engine has to be ready for that power level, will yours be? Seems to be a craps shoot of which stock builds work vs ones that break, just have to roll that dice if you wanna try!

As slo also said, what fuel system and ECU mods do you plan on?

Again, what slo said, stock turbo builds have seriously been done and well documented. Search, and you'll find all the information you'll ever need. When done searching and still have questions, we are here for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts