Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, just wanted to know what I need to buy to turbo D15B7 with the stock internal. This is my daily driver. I want a little more power out of it to get me around. Plus my kids love the bov sound when I had my VW Jetta GLI. Never going VW ever again. Anyway, I have a 1995 civic dx sedan. Look for around 150 - 200 Whp. Nothing crazy, or fast like other I have seen online. Me and my kids will be in the car. Just something fun and can last me a while, with out issues or blowing the engine. Also, have a brand new engine and rebuilt transmission to go with it. Let me know anything to keep the cost low and not to costly but reliable. Thanks in advance. Also, I want to keep my A/C as well because of the kids.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just get one of those exhaust tips that whistles .
or do some reading and after that you will know.
Turbo whistle thing is a no go for sir......lol.

Turbo whistle thing is a no go for sir......lol.
For me sir.....lol sorry about that still laughing at your comment.....but thanks tho I needed that 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ok so go auto work is a good site to order from. Do anyone have experience with them when purchasing a kit?

Ok so go auto work is a good site to order from. Do anyone have experience with them when purchasing a kit?
Oh so they have kits that help you keep the A/C.... thanks 👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾😎😎😎😎🔥🔥🔥🔥💯💯💯💯.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,609 Posts
no experiences at all, that's why theyre a site sponsor and someone recommended them to you.

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
brand new engine? you do NOT want to turbo it then. Clearances will be far too tight.

Crack the block open and gap the rings a few extra thousandths. Check main and rod bearing tolerances.

There is a good reason why so many people get away with bosot on high mileage D15/D16 engines, and fail on rebuilt engines that followed honda specs to the T

Either way, buy one of those uber small VZ21 turbos for 120 bucks or so, and let it run to around 135-150whp. It will struggle up top past 4k rpm for sure, but will give a very nice boost to low end torque.

Its generally a turbo made for 600cc-1000cc engines. Iw as actually planning on throwing one on my Insight for the hell of it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts