Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
crx
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how fast would a stock crx qwith a stock b16a be? like 1/4 mile times, 0-60?

·
Registered
96 civic
88 Posts
it would run a 27 in the 1/4 mile and it would have a 60 foot of 2.3348754 with a good driver!!!

·
Registered
96 civic
88 Posts
BTW this is d-series.org!

·
Registered
crx
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i know but why spend a big amount of money to build up a d series when you could buy a B series and get more power. im thinking about making my d16a6 vtec but thats like 500 bucks. a guy i know said he could hook me up with a b16 swap for 1200 and he would install it for me. thats better in the long run too.

·
Registered
crx
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my 2 choices would be to do a mini me vtec head swap or a b16 swap. i dont have the time all the tools and the talent to build a motor so it would be much easier to drop in a b16. im not saying a stock b16 would be better than a built d series. im just wondering what times it would run.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
my 2 choices would be to do a mini me vtec head swap or a b16 swap. i dont have the time all the tools and the talent to build a motor so it would be much easier to drop in a b16. im not saying a stock b16 would be better than a built d series. im just wondering what times it would run.
A mini me is like one of the easiest things to do.

Figure my mini me with just intake/exhaust made 127 whp CORRECTED.

Woohoo, a b16 with intake and exhaust makes 137 whp.

It cost me 220 bucks to do my mini me.

Get my point?

·
Registered
crx
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok i get the point thanks

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
it depends on what you want, i think its kinda funny how people rag on the b16 yes it has no tq stock but it candle 500whp stock block and with as much dobut as people have in b16s now a days you can get them dirt cheap i was considering in doing something but i dont know if i'm going to yet

d-series is good boost for lets just say 450whp maybe a little more

b-series been boosted to to double that.

depends on how deep your pocket is, or how far you want to go theres up and downs to both motors.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts