Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I boosted my crx, my clutch was slipping befor I boosted it. The clutch was one of those stock auto zone clutches with life time warranty. I just want to know what is the most boost these clutch can take. I don't have the money to by a new after market clutch so thanks for any help.
Steven,

·
Registered
325 Posts
Well I am swapping my stock clutch for a XTD stage three because I heard that the stock clutch will hold about 150whp... don't quote me thats what I heard.

·
Registered
836 Posts
most of the stock clutches won't even hold 125whp...sure they work for driving around but the second you hit that tacky tarmac at the strip, your shit will slip like some cheap walmart lube

·
Random Hero
Range Rover
2,624 Posts
My del sol had a "stage 2" clutch in it. What I was told. It slipped as soon as I boosted. So I had to wait a few days until I got a real clutch and then I could tune it, and rip on her.

sucked, driving the boosted car, and not being able to boost. although, that's not the first time, and wont be the last time...

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
yea mine is sliping like a mother with just i/h/e

blows ass.....Im thinking ill go w/ ACT or centerforce.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
ctr1 said:
Cut down the presure plate to make it clamp with more force.
what are you talking about ?

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Some people are making 160-170whp on nitrous on stock clutch without slipping. Drivers skill play big in this case and torque too. you can have 200whp car with 100tq at wheel, I think that stock could handle hit.

·
Registered
98 Civic
1,245 Posts
I was running a stock clutch in my del sol running 6-7psi on a t25 and it would hold alright untill i beat on it for a while then it would start slipping in first and second once it got good and warm.

·
Registered
1992 Honda Civic SiR
194 Posts
Belette said:
Some people are making 160-170whp on nitrous on stock clutch without slipping. Drivers skill play big in this case and torque too. you can have 200whp car with 100tq at wheel, I think that stock could handle hit.
I would honestly like to see that, Becuase most people are putting Forced induction on cars after having a couple thousand miles so alreay daily wear and tear won't make it strong enought to handle bagging the shit out of it stock. Then you add another 50 hp more then it was designed to handle I really beg to differ that it depends on what kind of driver you are because it a fact of the clutch physical limits.

·
DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT
2003 Civic Si
3,003 Posts
gO ON EBAY AND GUY A STAGE 2 xtd CLUTCH. tHEY ARE NOT TOO PRICEY AND MAYBE YOU COULD GET A COMBO WITH A LIGHT FLYWHEEL.

·
Registered
69 Posts
did yall ever notice that when your car isn't running right everyone wants to race?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts