Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
i don't know from experience but i've heard maybe the high 100s, low 200s. I'm for more or less stock and I have an exedy stage 1 and its a dream.

·
Registered
EK
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its more of a question of how much HP can a stock clutch handle with you driving it. Ive heard of people running O.E. with 200.
I have an OEM clutch with about 5k miles on it. I boosted my car about 3 weeks ago and its making around 170 HP and Torque. I did a second gear pull earlier and it felt like the clutch was slipping around 6k but then 5 minutes later i did another pull and it felt fine? I don't drive like an asshole. I hardly ever get into boost haha. I drive around in vacuum almost all the time for gasmileage.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Well, if stock clutches go out using stock HP image what increasing that by 50% would do. It'll hold for a while, but they'll give sooner that you'd like.

·
yEaH tHaT gUy!!!
my hatchy
3,177 Posts
I have an OEM clutch with about 5k miles on it. I boosted my car about 3 weeks ago and its making around 170 HP and Torque. I did a second gear pull earlier and it felt like the clutch was slipping around 6k but then 5 minutes later i did another pull and it felt fine? I don't drive like an asshole. I hardly ever get into boost haha. I drive around in vacuum almost all the time for gasmileage.
so your question is how much power can a stoch clutch handle?

i think you already answered your own question.

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
Alright my next question:

What is the best clutch for my power? I don't want to spend a lot of money but i wont buy eBay parts.
depends on what you do dd, race car, or street/ strip? since you said you dont drive it that hard i would say exedy stage one i would recomend getting a clutch kit not just the disk

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Its more of a question of how much HP can a stock clutch handle with you driving it. Ive heard of people running O.E. with 200.
yup, i ran an Exedy OE clutch when I had 192 whp with my greddy kit.... never slipped once... but you really have to break-in the clutch properly as well...

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
Alright my next question:

What is the best clutch for my power? I don't want to spend a lot of money but i wont buy eBay parts.

SeArCh, theres already a clutch rating thread

1 - 20 of 60 Posts