Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Switch to a 50 trim?

Currently running my t3/t04e 60 trim on 7psi, it's a bit laggy on the street for my taste. Think the 50 trim t3/t04e will spool quick enough to be worth the change?

I want to get this out of the way before I go spend another few hundred $$$ on more tuning.

I know both turbo's will get me to around ~350hp, I'm more concerned about a broader powerband for the street. Right now I don't start building boost until 4600rpm or so then it hits hard around 5500-5900rpm at full boost.

Anybody use both turbo's that can provide some input? Should I just stick with the 60 trim or switch up to a 50 trim for better spool characteristics?

Justin

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
How high are you revving? Stock head / valvetrain?

·
Registered
1999 civic Hatchback
2,452 Posts
if both turbos are .63 A/R then the spool time wont change much..

I suggest you get the Bullseye Power t04e 57 trim or even the 50 trim(lil bit more power) which both have a .55A/R.. that will make you spool quicker.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How high are you revving? Stock head / valvetrain?
Stock valve train, for now, but upgrade won't be for a while.

fjt said:

I suggest you get the Bullseye Power t04e 57 trim or even the 50 trim(lil bit more power) which both have a .55A/R.. that will make you spool quicker
Yea, both turbos would e .63ar turbines. That is the kind of info I was curious about.

I'll take a look at those bullseye turbos, did not know they had .55ar turbines.

txdohczc said:
if it is a daily driver i would suggest the 50. fuck waiting till 5000+rpm to make full boost...also isnt both those turbos a little to big to run just 7psi.
7psi tune was just to get on the street while I fixed other issues and saved up for boost solenoid/PWM components. Engine is built and will get new high boost tuning soon. Hence why I want to get the "right" turbo before I drop another load :)

Thx for the infos so far.

Justin

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts

I suggest you get the Bullseye Power t04e 57 trim or even the 50 trim(lil bit more power) which both have a .55A/R.. that will make you spool quicker.

x2
ive got the Bullseye 50 trim .55a/r and i love it! full spool at around 4k, plus it supports up to just over 500whp

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
Definately look into the .55 a/r Bullseye. I will easily make the power you want with room to grow and spool a bit quicker.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alright well been thinking and talking with tuner, I'm gonna switch up to either the 50 trim or 57 trim Bullseye turbo over the winter here.

Leaning toward the 50 trim turbo, should do me well on the street as well as the track I think.

Anyone know if the turbine's are shaped similar to that of the garrett turbine's? I know they are 4 bolt but just curious if I would need a new downpipe or not.

PS: Anyone want to buy a 60 trim turbo? :D

Justin

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think the 60 trim isn't going to be much more laggyer than the 57.
The Bullseye's have the .55a/r turbine like others mentioned above.

I'd be going from a .63a/r 60 trim to a .55a/r 50 trim, good bit of difference there.

Justin

1 - 20 of 22 Posts